TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Brake duct/driving light kit

7ONE7

Good question; it has been asked many times over the past six or seven months...

SAI, if you're listening: "build it, and they will come..."

I am confused (which is my normal state).

Some of the members seem to have a brake duct/driving light kit installed. Did you guys have SAI install the kits? Or...???

Some of the members seem to have a brake duct/driving light kit installed. Did you guys have SAI install the kits? Or...???

...yes they were installed by SAI. However, they are not selling them through the web site. RUMOR has it that Scott Drake wasn't happy with design and is working on something new for the performance parts website.

Just talked to Shelby Performance Parts and they don't think we will see the driving lights this year :angry:

Figures. Carroll must have not made that much money on them so they sh*t canned the driving light package! However I still want them when they come available!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I had it installed at SAI-$380

if you can't get the lights from SPP, check PIAA's website

Shelbydream we know where the lights come from but there is a fiberglass bracket/enclosure that the light sits in that we havent been able to find or we would have done that :( If you find out where to get them let us know! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Shelbydream we know where the lights come from but there is a fiberglass bracket/enclosure that the light sits in that we havent been able to find or we would have done that :( If you find out where to get them let us know! :)

I would like Shelby branded stuff so buying it from them is all the better, but if i can find the exact same thing immediately, we'll get it right now 'cause I want it sooner than later.

I could not wait, so got out the hole saws, after receiving my piaa 510's. Having dissected the Shelby install on my Hertz rental, see photos in gallery, I made my own pie with functional FRP duct kit. For those interested, fog light wiring is zip tied behind the grill, so no fancy wiring. Hook up and drop a 15 amp fuse in the fuse block marked for fog lamps(see owners manual.)

It worked quite easily and very gratifying. Ducts were flip flopped out side of the lights for functionality.

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?s=&...album&album=122

I was talkin to a guy at a car show that had carbon fiber all over his car, engine compartment, interior, etc... and was wondering how feasible it may be to redo the honeycomb pieces in carbon fiber for the driving light housing?

The shop that does all his custom carbon fiber could make them pretty easily I was told.

Does this sound feasible?

To clean up the edges of your hole you might try Radio Shack. They used to sell the speaker port tubes that have the rolled edges. Depending on the size you might make these work somehow.

EDIT: Here is a a 4" port on Ebay.

4x5.jpg

Here is a 3" polished aluminum port (don't know what size you need)

3x12port.jpg

will post better pics this weekend. My son, the frideinator, is a drummer and showed me these nifty 2.5" bass drum ports that perfectly took care of the brake duct finishing. The lights are in need of a 3.5" finisher.

The piaas are mounted to the back of the bumper with a air induction flange, kind of like a pseudo K&N snorkel would use. I will try to add some photos that reveal more clearly how it looks behind.

Archived