TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Two Questions

uno

I just purchased a Shelby GT this morning and had a few questions about the car. Its already got big plans, but i have a few inquires first.

First off, im in California, long tubes, no-cats, off road pipes are out of the question. I want more of a deeper, louder rumble out of the exhaust and had some questions about what mufflers are on the stock Shelby GT. This car only has 8 miles on it, so the exhaust note might get better, but i still wondered what it would sound like with a pair of Super40's on it. I want it LOUD and LOW. Ive also heard half decent things about SLP Loudmouths. But ive never strayed from Super40's in larger cars. Just wondered if people had some input

Secondly, this shaker1000 system doesnt seem to be working. It says "SHAKER ON" when i go through the CD players menu, but im getting no bass whatsoever. Ive tried cranking bass to max and still get nothing more then a pair of good 6 1/2's would put out. Is there a switch or something in the back to turn it on? I have only so far listened to standard radio and i get nothing out of it.

oh and one complaint...why not just put the KR hood on the Shelby GT, boo fake hood scoop!

Thanks for the help!

Matt

I had an off road x-pipe and FlowMaster Orginal 40s with no cats on my 03 GT...sounded awsome. But since you are in California that would be out of the question. aybe you could get an x-pipe with high flow cats.

Shaker 1000 :( I also had a "Mach 1000" audio system in my 03 GT and it hit a lot harder than this Shaker 1000. I am disapointed in the Shaker 1000. I don't listen to much music with a lot of Bass, but I did put a Bass test CD in and the subs were still horrible. I am thinking about upgrading the Shaker 1000 system. Heck my F150 with the stock Ford 8 " woofer under the rear seat sounds better than the Shaker 1000.

Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of Shelby Mustangs, and congratulations on your purchase.

As far as the exhaust goes, it does develop a deeper sound over time. Mine got noticeably deeper after about 1500 miles. There is a SGT here where I live that has Flowmasters on it and about the only difference I can tell in the sound is the loudness. It is a few decibels louder than mine but the rumble and tone are about the same.

Concerning the Shaker system, there must be something wrong with yours. Mine will shake everything in the car when it's cranked up on a bass heavy song. I would have your dealer check it out.

I just purchased a Shelby GT this morning and had a few questions about the car. Its already got big plans, but i have a few inquires first.

First off, im in California, long tubes, no-cats, off road pipes are out of the question. I want more of a deeper, louder rumble out of the exhaust and had some questions about what mufflers are on the stock Shelby GT. This car only has 8 miles on it, so the exhaust note might get better, but i still wondered what it would sound like with a pair of Super40's on it. I want it LOUD and LOW. Ive also heard half decent things about SLP Loudmouths. But ive never strayed from Super40's in larger cars. Just wondered if people had some input

Secondly, this shaker1000 system doesnt seem to be working. It says "SHAKER ON" when i go through the CD players menu, but im getting no bass whatsoever. Ive tried cranking bass to max and still get nothing more then a pair of good 6 1/2's would put out. Is there a switch or something in the back to turn it on? I have only so far listened to standard radio and i get nothing out of it.

oh and one complaint...why not just put the KR hood on the Shelby GT, boo fake hood scoop!

Thanks for the help!

Matt

flowmasters sound ok, slp sounds like glasspacks (poopoo). i too am dissapointed with the shaker 1000. and agree the mach 1000 sounded much better, i had a 2003 mach 1

.....The KR, came after the Shelby GT. So there wasn't a KR hood during the design process. Shelby & Ford conceived and brought this car to production within 100 days. Second, most will agree the price for the Shelby GT could have been a bit lower. A completely new hood after painting and installation would cost around an additional $1500. At least that is what the CS hood cost.

I can't speak to much about your other things other then JBA makes a set of shorty headers that are CA legal. I have heard they do help the sound some and performance marginally.

I have Flowmaster 40's on mine. I will make a video of the idle, take off, drive by, WOT drive by ect.... Been wanting to this anyway because others like yourself want a deeper "Louder" sound and this may help them on a decision. Check my website tommorow evening sometime and i should have it up then............. :)

I have Flowmaster 40's on mine. I will make a video of the idle, take off, drive by, WOT drive by ect.... Been wanting to this anyway because others like yourself want a deeper "Louder" sound and this may help them on a decision. Check my website tommorow evening sometime and i should have it up then............. :)

Have you considered Flowmaster's new Super 44? They are supposed to be the lowest and loudest mufflers that they make, and the 40s were already loud "enough" (used to have a set on an '89 GT...).

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/mufflers.html

Archived