TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How much time left before all are gone?

I am in the market for a 2007 GT and wonder how much time is left before all the new 2007's will

be gone. I see alot of 07SGT3000 - 4000 numbers on ebay currently. Does anybody know if the run is over, have all 6000 been built?

I also wonder if the greedy dealers will come down on their demands anytime soon. I does not appear to me that these babies are flying off the lots at MSRP or more.

I am in the market for a 2007 GT and wonder how much time is left before all the new 2007's will

be gone. I see alot of 07CSM3000 - 4000 numbers on ebay currently. Does anybody know if the run is over, have all 6000 been built?

I also wonder if the greedy dealers will come down on their demands anytime soon. I does not appear to me that these babies are flying off the lots at $39000+.

Welcome CrazyDave! From reading the posts here it looks like the target is by the end of July to have the initial 600 completed. There will be cars left in the Mod shop after the run.

Again, from posters here who have visited Shelby in Vegas estimates are abouy 1900 left to convert as of a few weeks ago. They do approximately 50 cars a day Mon-Thur and Friday is the catch up day for teams who did not meet the quota for the week.

If you are truly interested in an 07 you can look under the thread "Shelby GT's for sale" there are dealers who have recently posted $1000 off MSRP, $500 over invoice and one posted today for $400 over invoice. There are others looking for MSRP.

Hope that helps. By the way, I still have not seen one yet on E-Bay in the 4000's yet and I have been checking daily. If you see one post the # in the "Highest Number" thread.

Hope that helps. And enjoy your stay.

be gone. I see alot of 07SGT3000 - 4000 numbers on ebay currently. Does anybody know if the run is over, have all 6000 been built?

I also wonder if the greedy dealers will come down on their demands anytime soon. I does not appear to me that these babies are flying off the lots at $39000+.

If you ask, they will come.

I was cruising Ebay the other day and actually found 2 SGT's UNDER CSM#1000. There is one in Terrell that is CSM#17x (under 200).

I would expect them to be around for a couple of more months. Mine is at SAI now, and I don't expect it to arrive until mid-August. i would expect the dealers to start taking the prices down across the board once the 2008s start hitting. Even the stubborn ones are catching on that these don't bring the kind of ADMs that the GT 500s do.

Good luck

I have two available ready for immediate delivery.

White with automatic

Black with manual.

Your choice MSRP.

Which one do you want?

I have two available ready for immediate delivery.

White with automatic

Black with manual.

Your choice MSRP.

Which one do you want?

Here is the info on the two I have:

Cars are located in Central Illinois.

PM me if interested.

Black with manual and White with automatic.

White: # 1215

Mustang GT Premium

Dark Charcoal Leather

Automatic Trans

Interior Upgrade

Active Anti Theft

SIRUS SAT. Radio

GT Upfitters PKG

MSRP $31,285 + $7,390 SAI (dealer's NET cost) + $1,000 GGT = $39,675 Total MSRP!

BLACK: # 1160

Mustang GT Premium

Dark Charcoal Leather

Manual Trans

Interior Upgrade

Active Anti Theft

SIRIUS SAT. Radio

GT Upfitters PKG

MSRP $30,740 + $7,390 SAI (Dealer's NET cost) + $1,000 GGT = $39,130 Total MSRP!

My closest dealer (Katy, TX) has a white automatic with a $39,900 sticker. Car has been on the lot since April. They just took the rust off the rotors and put it in on their showroom floor.

I have a feeling it's going to be sitting a little longer.

I test drove a Cal Special last night. First time in a new Mustang 5-speed. Awesome........

Also drove an automatic GT conv. Not awesome.

So, I am determined to get me a white SGT manual. Dealer would not let anybody test drive their Shelby.

But I know that I will like the Shelby, even if it does ride a little harder. It's coolness factor will override all shortcomings.

Is the upgraded sound system worth the money (Shaker1000)?

I've seen a couple white 5-speeds a lot closer to Texas with Buy it Nows of less than $38k. I am going to wait until I find one for less than $37K.

I think it can be done.

Dave I have the shaker 1000 in my white SGT. To me it was worth it. I know you can get better for probably a little less but I wanted it turn key. For me the sound is great. I had the 1000 in my 06 mustang GT and was very happy with it. I just dont have the time to go to 4 different places to get something fixed. So I guess it all depends on YOUR needs. And as far as the auto goes dont be too hasty. I had the suto in my 06 and it rocked. Best <bleep> auto tranny I have driven. The tune iin the Shelby should make it more responsive and take care of the drive by wire lag sen in the regular gt's. There is a guy on Themustangsource.com boards who has 600 hp in his auto and he has like the 4th best times in the 1/4 on their boards. I have read they are planning on using that tranny or a 6 speed version in the new vettes. I went with the 5 speed manual in my SGT and love that too. But there are times I miss the auto. Oh well. Anyway as a few have said look in the for sale thread. Michael Morris has a few on there and is a great guy to deal with. You will love this car whether you pay MSRP or less. :)

My closest dealer (Katy, TX) has a white automatic with a $39,900 sticker. Car has been on the lot since April. They just took the rust off the rotors and put it in on their showroom floor.

I have a feeling it's going to be sitting a little longer.

I test drove a Cal Special last night. First time in a new Mustang 5-speed. Awesome........

Also drove an automatic GT conv. Not awesome.

So, I am determined to get me a white SGT manual. Dealer would not let anybody test drive their Shelby.

But I know that I will like the Shelby, even if it does ride a little harder. It's coolness factor will override all shortcomings.

Is the upgraded sound system worth the money (Shaker1000)?

I've seen a couple white 5-speeds a lot closer to Texas with Buy it Nows of less than $38k. I am going to wait until I find one for less than $37K.

I think it can be done.

So why haven't you bought this one????

The only way you will find one for less than $37K is if you find one that is a GT Mustang Deluxe with no options. A bare bones car.

There shows one at a dealer in Commerce TX. MSRP $36,970

That is as cheap as they can come. This is a white GT Deluxe with Shelby Upfitters package. 5-Speed manual with cloth interior.

Looks like it was ordered for a customer based on the order code, but you can call and check.

They don't and won't get any cheaper than this and that is assuming the dealer is not marking it up any.

Name Commerce Auto Group

Address 105 Highway 224

City Commerce

State TX

Postal Code 75428

Phone (903) 886-4014

So why haven't you bought this one????

I just sold my 65 Tbird Conv on ebay and I am waiting for a cashiers check. Buyer is coming July 8.

When I get that $$$ in the bank, then I can buy a new SGT.

I don't know which "one" you are talking about, the < 38K one? It's got the same stuff as yours. Not bare bones.

There are some dealers with NO Reserve out there. I will play the game and try to nab one for "my price".

Looks like I have a couple months (or more) to find one on my terms. If not, I will try plan B.

You can't fault me for trying. I'm in no hurry.

I just sold my 65 Tbird Conv on ebay and I am waiting for a cashiers check. Buyer is coming July 8.

I don't know which "one" you are talking about, the < 38K one? It's got the same stuff as yours. Not bare bones.

There are some dealers with NO Reserve out there. I will play the game and try to nab one for "my price".

Looks like I have a couple months (or more) to find one on my terms. If not, I will try plan B.

Dealers are not going to take less than they paid. A fully loaded one has a max gross profit of $2200 at MSRP.

So on that invoice would be in the $39K range.

On the white one I have INVOICE is $37,526 and I have another $500 on top of that for shipping. So my NET cost is $38,026.

I bought these from another dealer so there is no holdback either. So I am looking at a GROSS profit of only $1,649 on a $40K vehicle.

That is less profit than what a furniture store makes on a $2,500 living room set!

Many dealers are still getting $5K - $10K over MSRP on these cars.

The only way you will find one for less than $37K will be if Ford offered rebates on these which is unlikely or if you found a used one.

Once they are done with these and you can't get them any more the prices will likely just go up as they become more rare to get.

I suspect SAI should have the last of them completed within the next month or two tops. And many of those are sold already to buyers that have been waiting for their car.

Basically, the longer mine sit here the higher I will raise the price on them because they will only get more and more limited.

I think right now is the best time there is to buy one because there are some that can be had for MSRP. If you find one for less you should grab it while you can because it won't last long.

Michael was offering his for $500 over invoice! That is the lowest I have seen anywhere. If he still has one available you should jump on it. It won't get any better than that. I paid that for the two I have after paying $500 each to have them shipped here so they wouldn't have any miles on them.

You can't STEAL in slow motion! Get it while you can.

It will be an interesting lesson to see which direction the pricing goes as the supply of '07's runs out. The limited supply of '08's are already more expensive?

Oops, I was typing this while Shelby Dude was sending the above. Didn't get to read first.

It will be an interesting lesson to see which direction the pricing goes as the supply of '07's runs out. The limited supply of '08's are already more expensive?

The 08's are more and only 2200 will be built for 08 and 70% are estimated to be convertibles which will be in the $48K range. They will all be blue. So no more white or black after 07.

With only 2200 for 08 most dealers that get one will likely add high ADM's to them as well. Especially on the verts.

You REALLY need to verify these ebay listings and make sure the listing is correct. I would say 35% I have seen over six months were wrong. One had the car as a Premium but it was a Deluxe, one said it had the IUP, but clearly by the pictures it did not. If the car has a Buy it Now for less than 38k and is as you claim, you better get it!

I searched ebay and found a black SGT in FL with a BIN price of: $38,490. The car is that price because someone messed up the order and it has a parchment interior! Ugh.... No one is going to want a back car, with silver stripes and a gold interior. Someone should get slapped there!

Found one for $39K but no IUP though it did have the Shaker 1000 another dumb dealer order!

This one is a deal at $38.8K:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-Ford-M...tem280128815273

This white CSM 3500+ even better!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-FORD-M...13895#mainImage

Again be very careful and verify EVERYTHING...ask for the actual sticker as in the one above.

Good luck and i agree I woudl seriously grab that car above before it's gone!

There's a white one on ebay right now with no reserve with a current bid of $36,600. 22 hours left

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustan...1QQcmdZViewItem

It's an auto though.

That will be interesting to see how it ends. Invoice on that car is $38,697

I wonder if the bidding will go over that or if they will end it early as if they sold it due to the lack of bidding enough on it.

If it sells near that price someone will get a heck of a deal!

I'm watching 260130148637. Less than 2 hours left, no reserve, no bids at 36,500. Sad.

My theory is that the first 3000 or so SGTs were bought by those with lots of money. They

were willing to shell it out to get it now.

I have a feeling that the market is softening (from "No Sales" on ebay) and several lowered price offerings on ebay. Since there are quite a few Shelbys left unsold for 2007 I still want to wait and see how things progress. What do I have to loose. If I'm wrong, I pay MSRP. I would have to pay that now.

No if you act now and talk with Michael Morris you can get it for $500 over invoice if he has any left which I think he does. I hear what yoiu are saying Dave and I am with you on paying more than MSRP BUT if you can get one for under MSRP you should do so IF you want the car. These things arent moving most of the time for 5-10k over MSRP. Yes some areas are selling but more arent than are. And I think they are right. If they sit on a lot long enough the dealer will jack it up when supply is gone. Yes they will lose by sitting but like the 8k to Shelby charge is gonna kill a dealer. They will sit and wait. Summer is short my freind, start enjoying it! :)

Your not going to get anything better, as far as a deal, than this. IF YOU ARE RELLY IN THE MARKET, call him now!

I've got #1152 available. White 5 speed, 140A with IUP, Dark Charcoal interior and satin aluminum panel. MSRP $38,610, I still think these should be worth MSRP, but I'm tired of taking care of it, so first one with $400 over invoice owns it (invoice $36598 with Shelby mod and GGT)

Pictures available at www.unionautoinc.com (on the new car page)

Located in Central Iowa.

Nathan Bernard

641-486-2358

My local dealer where I bought my Shelby GT has one in stock right now. It is a White Shelby GT and it is an Automatic with all of the options except the IUP. What number it is I do not know I drove by their today but did not stop. The dealership is the Shelor Motor Mile in Christainsburg, VA or type in Shelor.com.

Have a good day.

My local dealer is in Christainsburg, VA

Ben, I'm an ex Hokie '79 from Blacksburg. I remember a Ford Dealer near I-81.

I drove a 69 VW then, hardly a Shelby.

I talked with a relative who is the finance guy at a Ford Dealer up in Arkansas.

He confirmed the "ain't much profit" pitch from the dealers here on this forum.

Looks like Mr. Shelby is the only one making a nice profit.

I've heard that car dealers only sell new cars because they want your trade in. That's where

the money is made.

Archived