TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I asked this awhile back of 2 shops who can actually perform this swap and be done right but the only question I had and or my only concern was if switching to the 6r80 as the 10r80 wasn't available yet and so my question was if switching to the Automatic will the 5.2 still rev to 8,200 rpm's and neither shop could answer it because NO one had done it, so they could not guarantee it will

FORD made a mistake with this GT350 because I know as I actually spoke to them and 3 Ford dealers said they could have Sold 10 more GT350's to every 1 GT350 Sold w/ the Manual and and all 3 said almost everyone who came to look at the GT350 asked if they could get it with an Automatic!! 

3 hours ago, 39Mustang said:

I asked this awhile back of 2 shops who can actually perform this swap and be done right but the only question I had and or my only concern was if switching to the 6r80 as the 10r80 wasn't available yet and so my question was if switching to the Automatic will the 5.2 still rev to 8,200 rpm's and neither shop could answer it because NO one had done it, so they could not guarantee it will

FORD made a mistake with this GT350 because I know as I actually spoke to them and 3 Ford dealers said they could have Sold 10 more GT350's to every 1 GT350 Sold w/ the Manual and and all 3 said almost everyone who came to look at the GT350 asked if they could get it with an Automatic!! 

Hey guy, the topic of Manual verses Auto has been around for a while now and yes “Opinions’ vary some, and yes the new auto is extremely fast shifting and will usually always beat the manual in the quarter mile.  If being the absolute fastest out there is the game you’re  looking for, the Auto is the one for you.  To some of us guys who grew up back in the day driving a manual it’s very sad to see the “Manual’ gradually disappearing and a lot less in demand from some of these cool high-performance cars we have today.  To us guys, who you might consider a “Purist”, there really is no comparison in the feeling and absolute thrill we get, plus a (Huge Smile) too in driving and controlling the “Beast” under-neath us using that thing you guys call a “STICK”, it’s a absolute blast!  Yes, at times it can become more challenging, but that’s really part of the fun in learning what your car is all about and how to control it with your new found skills, plus it keeps you on your tiptoes and your never bored, just saying!  My wife and my two daughters all know how to drive a stick shift pretty good and they all  enjoyed it.  I hate to say it, but I feel learning how to drive a manual is becoming a lost (Art), and that’s very sad to see!    “SAVE the Manual”!!!!     :thumbsup:    

14 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey guy, the topic of Manual verses Auto has been around for a while now and yes “Opinions’ vary some, and yes the new auto is extremely fast shifting and will usually always beat the manual in the quarter mile.  If being the absolute fastest out there is the game you’re  looking for, the Auto is the one for you.  To some of us guys who grew up back in the day driving a manual it’s very sad to see the “Manual’ gradually disappearing and a lot less in demand from some of these cool high-performance cars we have today.  To us guys, who you might consider a “Purist”, there really is no comparison in the feeling and absolute thrill we get, plus a (Huge Smile) too in driving and controlling the “Beast” under-neath us using that thing you guys call a “STICK”, it’s a absolute blast!  Yes, at times it can become more challenging, but that’s really part of the fun in learning what your car is all about and how to control it with your new found skills, plus it keeps you on your tiptoes and your never bored, just saying!  My wife and my two daughters all know how to drive a stick shift pretty good and they all  enjoyed it.  I hate to say it, but I feel learning how to drive a manual is becoming a lost (Art), and that’s very sad to see!    “SAVE the Manual”!!!!     :thumbsup:    

In my opinion, EVERYONE should have to learn to drive a manual..  BUT, for the majority of people in the US live and work in larger metropolitan cities and with those cities comes traffic.  Add in that more cars have higher HP and Torque numbers now then they did 20 years ago which required a stiffer clutch...  People just don't want to have to deal with that, and would rather just let the car do the shifting.

Sad fact, in the next 15 years, the majority of cars on the road will be self driving cars.  Its just whats going to happen... Car Culture is dying in the US.  People care more about comfort and convenience.