TEAM SHELBY FORUM

605 horsepower

The Ford Racing supercharger and tune was installed to get the 605 hp at the flywheel. I had mine done, when I got it back home,  the dyno gave it at 555 HP peak and  515 ft/lbs of torque at the rear wheels corrected for temp and altitude. So you can ball park that to the engine producing over 700 BHP

Doug

07XL0218

My KR has the original supercharger, 20% crank pully, headers, tune and cams.  It did 570 hp at the wheels when the cams were installed during the winter and 540 two years later on a extremely hot day. 

It can be achieved many ways but an upgraded SC is probably the easiest.  I just haven’t got around to upgrading the SC yet. 

I am looking at the 40th on Ebay right now. 07XL0178. it has both the 40th and 427 package with the shifter and 605hp package. Has a ford tuner with it. I was wondering if it was legit. I'm interested in possibly buying a nice 40th with the upgrade.

3 hours ago, Grabber08 said:

I am looking at the 40th on Ebay right now. 07XL0178. it has both the 40th and 427 package with the shifter and 605hp package. Has a ford tuner with it. I was wondering if it was legit. I'm interested in possibly buying a nice 40th with the upgrade.

The white 40th has such a good look. It does appear as of this particular car is done properly with the 605hp upgrade.  It has the FRPP TVS supercharger, which is the right one (replaces the stock Eaton). If the supporting paperwork is missing, which would be surprising, Shelby America should have a copy in their archives. 

54 minutes ago, Grabber08 said:

It's a tuff decision on the white one.  I called Steve at SAI and spoke with him. The chin spoiler has some small spidering on the front, it's not cracked, just spiders and 2 of the the center caps are cracked on the logo. 

20200206_212941.jpg

Razor center caps are easy.  You can pick up on eBay new.  

The chin spoiler is the same as the SS.  You can find them from time to time, but not cheap.  Truth is the spoiler can probably be fixed with layers of Eastwood crystal clear paint and sanding, but it’s a $1200 piece so should be considered in the price. 

What did Steve say about the 605, and more interesting the 427?  

As for it being a 40th and 427 package car , it is. 1 of 4 with 40th options and possible 1 of 1 or 2 with the 427 package. Seller does not have the stripes or emblems tho. They have the head rests and floor mats along with 2 tickets for the race. Short throw shifter, 605hp upgrade, big brake package. He made me a better buy it now price. I would much rather find one that has everything its supposed to have as it was when it was bought

Tom (Shelby Auctions) on eBay has the 2007-2009 Super Snake CF splitter listed........

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-2009-Shelby-SuperSnake-GT500-Carbon-Fiber-Splitter/174120559635?epid=1029483858&hash=item288a64e413:g:3U4AAOSwr2ZZpynFelow

^^^^^^^^^^^The $150 shipping on top of the $700 cost for the splitter should be also considered....

R