TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Did this 2008 Super Snake get through the Mod Shop without being titled?

On 2/1/2020 at 4:44 PM, Robert M said:

This is very interesting.  Technically it’s still a GT500 on the MSO, so it’s not a pre-title car. Sounds like it could have been a dealers “personal” car.

Edited by mfield2a

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 8:05 PM, mfield2a said:

This is very interesting.  Technically it’s still a GT500 on the MSO, so it’s not a pre-title car. Sounds like it could have been a dealers “personal” car.

.............but even then, all GT500 owners, (dealer or not) were supposed to provide a copy of the first title or registration with or before the deposit was taken for the build?

R

There is a lot of ambiguity of what "pre title" means.   For example, Steve can check my work, but while the 06-07 Hertz cars were referred to as "post title mods", the likelihood is that (since the cars were drop shipped from Ford) they were probably still on MSO.   The transit time from sale (which is the real metric) to registration/title -- which is when the MSO is active -- can be infinite.    Title is used to track time, but what "Pre title" really is trying to convey is "Ford Factory" (or subcontractor, ie, Shelby American in the case of the Shelby GT/KR), and what this really means is "Pre-MSO"... 

A little birdie gave me a heads up.  Read the ad very carefully.  This car is not on MSO.  They have a copy of it (as do I on every new vehicle I've ever owned.)  "Not privately titled".   Because it was owned by a corporation.   Lots of literary license in Ebay ads...  Buyer beware.

Edited by twobjshelbys

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 4:58 PM, twobjshelbys said:

A little birdie gave me a heads up.  Read the ad very carefully.  This car is not on MSO.  They have a copy of it (as do I on every new vehicle I've ever owned.)  "Not privately titled".   Because it was owned by a corporation.   Lots of literary license in Ebay ads...  Buyer beware.

So this car has been titled, just not privately tilted per the "This vehicle has the dealer MSO, ithas never been privately titled." So it was Super Snaked after an original title was issued to this cars VIN, "Post-Title" or in other words modded after a title had been issued by a state DMV somewhere......Ok, I get it.

R