TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Question for Canadians on GST

With the Gst dropping 1% as of July, if we sign now do we pay the extra or is it when we pick the car up? $570 bucks would most likely pay for the first speeding ticket :doh:

That's an interesting question!!!

But, I would think the moment you actually put your name on a purchase agreement, you would pay the aplicable taxes as of that time.

But, thanks for making us feel ripped off though!!! :rant:

KingCobra.

My dealer said that no money is due until the car is delivered (other than deposits). So with an August/September delivery, we should be saving the 1%.

Kaylan, I had also asked about leasing vs. financing. Depending on Ford's financing program when we sign, whether you should buy or lease. For example, right now Ford has incentive financing at 4.9%, leasing is 7.9%. Sometimes you'll pay almost the same monthly amount for a 60 month finance as a 36 month lease.

There is a payment calculator on Ford.ca, Build and Price site. It might help you figure out which way to go.

Order and purchase date are two different times. The GST is based on the sale date and would be the GST rate in effect when you complete the transaction by taking delivery. It works the same as the warranty, it also starts when you take delivery.

fyi all..............this car will def'ly be delivered to you after July 1st, so yes we will save the 1%. Reason being is due to the VIN, a new sales agreement (your current has no Vin) will have to be remade and that's when they will insert the vin and other financial info. Even if your contract is complete (which it's not really as no VIN inserted), any simple change requires a new contract. i.e.

original contract:

Total: $60,000

Dep: 5,000

Balance Due $55,000

Payable on Del $40,000

Amt to Finance $15,000

If you change ANYTHING, a new contract is req'd. i.e. If you decide to increase your amt. payable on delivery

Total: $60,000

Dep: 5,000

Balance Due: $55,000

Payable on Del $45,000

Amt to Finance $10,000

Archived