post-3039-1162135176_thumb.jpg

post-3039-1162135176_thumb.jpg

Color combo - White with Blue stripes :bandance: :happy feet: :banvictory:

Mods.

Coupe or Convertible - Coupe

City & State - Michigan City, Indiana

Age - 52

Gender - Male

Glad I'm not alone in my middle-age craziness. 50 comes in July and frankly I'm PO'd because I don't have my AARP propaganda yet.

bj

Color combo: Vista Blue no stripes

Mods: Gotta wait til the payment goes away

Coupe or Convertible: Coupe

City & State: Middleton WI

Best part is that my wife is excited as I am :happy feet: . We were just bummed that legend lime got bumped :censored: for 07.

Color Combo : Alloy w/ tungsten stripes

Mods - Exhaust(FRPP), CAI, maybe a shifter, we'll see

Coupe or Convertable : Coupe

City & State : Lafayette, IN

Just went gambling in that neck of the woods, harley. My girlfriend likes shopping up there too.

• 2 weeks later...

Color combo:#1 white with blue stripes, #2 orange with white stripes (long story why I am ending up with two, but if wifey really likes to drive it I will keep 2nd, otherwise will sell to anyone on this site who wants it for my cost, which is pretty good)

Date Ordered: 3-10-2006

Date Received: I wish yesterday

Mods: ramp up to whatever is safe for drivetrain, supposedly around 650 crank, but will let others break their shelbies first so I know what to do and what not to do. Probably have Stiegemeier port the supercharger since they are just across the state, and then have a good local tuner with dyno (Mike at Supertunes) do intake, mild exhaust and dyno tune; also get rid of torque management and TBW delay and eliminate speed limitation. Maybe then add the FRP suspension to it, and finish with the sequential taillights. Then buy some stock in a tire company :hysterical: If Ford has a kit, will also raise boost to 11 - 12. No matter what, will make sure I hit the safe limit without going over, since I do not want to beef up the bottom end this soon. Also, I get the feeling that at about the 650 point, the car may not be real safe for routine street driving.

Coupe or Convertible: both to be coupes

City & State: Kearney, MO (slightly north of Kansas City and home to the infamous outlaw Jesse James)

Glad I'm not alone in my middle-age craziness. 50 comes in July and frankly I'm PO'd because I don't have my AARP propaganda yet.

bj

don't be too eager, been with AARP 2 years and it seems like 20. Could probably start a paper recycling company with just what they are sending me. Magazine and newsletter have some good stuff, but they are definitely focused on sales.

What I am waiting for is being able to get the cheaper old guy price on coffee at McDonald's

:bandance:

Color Combo : Vista Blue with White Stripes

Mods : spaced shelby lettering (just like my 69 GT500 convert. has)

Coupe or convert : coupe

City & State : Smithville, Mo.

Hey my friend, just live down the road from you, couple miles south of Kearney on 33, near the area with the wood covered bridge. If you ever have some time on your hands, give a shout 628-6563, maybe some beer and mexican stuff at La Fuente's.

John :beerchug:

Hey my friend, just live down the road from you, couple miles south of Kearney on 33, near the area with the wood covered bridge. If you ever have some time on your hands, give a shout 628-6563, maybe some beer and mexican stuff at La Fuente's.

John :beerchug:

Hi neighbor, I know just about where you are. When I go out for BBQ at Wabash in Excelsior Springs I turn down on 33, but La Fuente's is my favorite place in Kearney. My wife and I are over by the lake off of 92. I will call, but for now I had surgery on my foot and you know how doctors are they want me to stay off of it for a few days. Do you have any vins on your cars yet?

Larry

Hi neighbor, I know just about where you are. When I go out for BBQ at Wabash in Excelsior Springs I turn down on 33, but La Fuente's is my favorite place in Kearney. My wife and I are over by the lake off of 92. I will call, but for now I had surgery on my foot and you know how doctors are they want me to stay off of it for a few days. Do you have any vins on your cars yet?

Larry

No VINs yet; one is the first car for a real small dealer, the other is the second for a mid sized dealer that I think has the Presidents award. I expect that both will show up in late Fall or so. One was really supposed to be the backup for the other, I never really thought about the chance that both would show up at the same time. I will just have to find a way to deal with it. The one that is the cheapist is also the one most likely to show up later, so I really hate to give up on the more expensive one. Oh well.

Take care of your foot, my sister just had a major deal with hers involving rods extending out and holding all in place for a bunch of weeks. Assuming yours was not as extensive, but certainly would be a pain to not be able to get around for a while. I've had a knee worked on, but luckily was able to hobble around after a few days.

John

ps my wife and I like the Wabash also. Actually seems quite a bit better than Outlaws in Kearney. Based on this discussion, I guess you can tell what Linda and I do for recreation.

• 2 weeks later...

Color Combo : Torch Red with Performance White Stripes

Mods :

City & State : Powell, OH

My husband and I ordered and have a partial VIN. He thinks it's his car! :finger:

Just kidding...he's the one that took $5K to our dealer last July, not me.

Color Combo : Torch Red with Performance White Stripes

Mods :

City & State : Powell, OH

My husband and I ordered and have a partial VIN. He thinks it's his car! :finger:

Just kidding...he's the one that took $5K to our dealer last July, not me.

:cheerleader:

That's nice of you to say.... He must have found a winner in you, but I've heard a nasty rumor that you ladies can be quite persuasive when it comes to getting what you want...... I suspect that may include a bright shiny fast car! hehehe :poke: :bowdown:

:cheerleader:

That's nice of you to say.... He must have found a winner in you, but I've heard a nasty rumor that you ladies can be quite persuasive when it comes to getting what you want...... I suspect that may include a bright shiny fast car! hehehe :poke: :bowdown:

Black Lexus...although not a fast one, very sleek! We both gave up the sport bikes for kids :baby: since we just paid insurance and watched them depreciate :doh: , so we have to fill the gap somehow!!! My man gets very cranky without his toys.

• 2 months later...

Black Lexus...although not a fast one, very sleek! We both gave up the sport bikes for kids :baby: since we just paid insurance and watched them depreciate :doh: , so we have to fill the gap somehow!!! My man gets very cranky without his toys.

Finally I just got the word Friday 8/18/2007 that I just was issued a vin. Will have more details next week.

Finally I just got the word Friday 8/18/2007 that I just was issued a vin. Will have more details next week.

glad to see you got the ol' pc working. can't wait for your shelby to show up. Hopefully mine will be here in the next few months.

actually bought a small hd tv from sam's club last night; between sam's club and best buy, no one could answer any questions about how to use it with a regular antenna. Luckily, we found one with all the right tuners built in, plugged it in, and it works. All the kc channels are showing up digitally, with quite a bit of the content in hd. I have an antenna with an amplifier in my attic, so the signal up here in kearney is pretty good. Some of the salemen tried to tell me I needed a special antenna, but my old one from radio shack is working just fine.

Larry, I know you are excited, and your blue w/white is gonna look just great. We just need to get it here before the snows start falling. Probably should get a month or two in before that happens.

take care

John

did you see the video yet from the shelby that we saw at Bill Woods, that was sold to evolution performance? The guy did 11.8 yesterday. Without any boost changes. Sounds like he should get into the low 11s soon.

glad to see you got the ol' pc working. can't wait for your shelby to show up. Hopefully mine will be here in the next few months.

actually bought a small hd tv from sam's club last night; between sam's club and best buy, no one could answer any questions about how to use it with a regular antenna. Luckily, we found one with all the right tuners built in, plugged it in, and it works. All the kc channels are showing up digitally, with quite a bit of the content in hd. I have an antenna with an amplifier in my attic, so the signal up here in kearney is pretty good. Some of the salemen tried to tell me I needed a special antenna, but my old one from radio shack is working just fine.

Larry, I know you are excited, and your blue w/white is gonna look just great. We just need to get it here before the snows start falling. Probably should get a month or two in before that happens.

take care

John

did you see the video yet from the shelby that we saw at Bill Woods, that was sold to evolution performance? The guy did 11.8 yesterday. Without any boost changes. Sounds like he should get into the low 11s soon.

Recieved more info from the dealership today! Looks like the scheduled build date will be Sept. 4, 2006. They estimate arrival by Sept. 27, looks like I may get her before the snow will get here and looks like I may do some cruise nights before they end for the year. I am getting excited now hope that you will get some info for your cars soon. Take care

• 1 month later...

Recieved more info from the dealership today! Looks like the scheduled build date will be Sept. 4, 2006. They estimate arrival by Sept. 27, looks like I may get her before the snow will get here and looks like I may do some cruise nights before they end for the year. I am getting excited now hope that you will get some info for your cars soon. Take care

I was called last morning that my dealer was looking at the computer screen and the ETA of my car would be around 9/24 or 9/25 but, the screen still did not show that the vehicle had been shipped. I placed a call to Ralph at Auto Alliance and left a message if my car had made it thru striping and quality control and had been shipped by rail. Ralph did return my call a few hours later but, I was away at the time. My wife did ask about the status of our car and he reported that it had been striped and had made it thru all the QC checks and that it is waiting for assignment of a rail car and to expect it to be here in 10 to 14 days. My wife said Ralph was very helpful and wants us to call back after we recieve our car to let him know how we like it.

I was called last morning that my dealer was looking at the computer screen and the ETA of my car would be around 9/24 or 9/25 but, the screen still did not show that the vehicle had been shipped. I placed a call to Ralph at Auto Alliance and left a message if my car had made it thru striping and quality control and had been shipped by rail. Ralph did return my call a few hours later but, I was away at the time. My wife did ask about the status of our car and he reported that it had been striped and had made it thru all the QC checks and that it is waiting for assignment of a rail car and to expect it to be here in 10 to 14 days. My wife said Ralph was very helpful and wants us to call back after we recieve our car to let him know how we like it.

that sounds great; your shelby is as good as here! I called Jan yesterday, and even tho she is not the rep for the zone that I ordered from, she did confirm that the order is in the system correctly, and that the dealer has completed all of the certifications. She found out that my zone is getting 5 shelbies per week, for a few hundred dealers however, and that all of the allocations for October builds, for November deliveries, have been assigned. So if I get real lucky, I could get one in December at the earliest. I'm guessing spring tho, which is ok since there is no real point to getting one in the dead of winter. Say hi to Judy

John

Color combo Ebony w/ Tungsten

Date Ordered:06 23 2006

Date Producted 08 30 06

Date Recieved:ETA 09 14 06 09 21 06

Mods.

Coupe T88

Lloydminster AB. Canada

Age 52

Male

Milege

Still waiting on ETA

Still don't know when delievery will be, sometime in the next 2-3 weeks..........getting tired of the game.

• 4 months later...

I must of missed this post earlier.

Thanks LSR for keeping us updated in the emails. Looking forward to the Hermann meet, especially.

Color Combo : Vista Blue with White Stripes

Mods : None planned, we like the stock look.

City & State : St. Charles County, MO

Order date: 6/6/06

Delivery date: 1/7/07

I started the buying process and my husband made the financial decision to pull the trigger. We are very happy with the Shelby GT500 and it would be one of the last out of the barn if we had to sell something. Did I mention my son just got a Ford Oval Tatoo!!!! We didn't expect that. "Look what I got, Mom!"

Archived