TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone having this issue with the Forum's "Unread Content"page ?

HERTZ II

For as long as I can recall, I've had the Unread Content page set up to display in the "condensed" mode rather than the "expanded" mode (personal preference). Once I chose the condensed mode display, any time I went to that page, It displayed the same way....condensed version. Sometime this past weekend, something changed. Now when I go to the unread content page, it always displays in the expanded mode AND when I try to return to the condensed mode, nothing changes. It's like the condensed option has been eliminated. Can anyone tell me how to correct this so the page stays in the condensed mode AND actually condenses the page..........or is this possibly the beginning stages of the major system upgrade we've been told is coming??

Edited by HERTZ II

Not just you.  And I thought it was early Alzheimers...  Ithought something was different but most of what I do on Forums is "muscle memory" so I don't always see things like this unless it affects something changes to make something I did before, different.  That said,  that isn't the only thing behaving strangely:

1.  In the web page that displays the "unread content" search (I have my own version, yes, you can customize it) the list of topics portion is truncated with a whole bunch of white space on the right, as though a panel wanted to be displayed but isn't.  In this software most of those panels are sizeable (with a floating "three arrow" thing on either the right or left depending on which side the collapsable panel is located.  There is no floating panel.  

2.  I view almost all of my forums on both a Windows laptop using Firefox and my Andorid phone (Galaxy S10 using Firefox).  On the Windows system everything behaves as normal.  On the phone I always force it to "Request desktop site" (it doesn't matter).  When I display the topics the bottom ribbon where "Quote" and the like heart are displayed flash briefly and then disappear.  Subsequently, any attempt to reply or post is met with the reply/new topic text box permanently displaying "loading" and then nothing ever happens.  (Well, I can't say NEVER, but at least for the 15-20 minutes I let the phone rest one time.  Who knows, maybe it's a 36 hour timeout.  I'm not patient enough, so I call it NEVER.)

Oh and by the way, the mobile things happen on both Firefox and Chrome, so it's not the browser, but more likely the "mobile skin".

I was promised (but not yet delivered) a sneak preview of Forum II.  As it was described it is NOT an in-place upgrade to the existing forum and software and database, but it will be a new software base with a content migration (thus the reason for unifying your access usernames across all of Shelby.)   I've been waiting for the preview for a couple of months now and after asking a whole bunch of questions before the last notice it's just been silence so I suspect the task is much larger than anticipated. 

So my synopsis is that something has gone amok in the existing forums.  It could be preparation for a migration.  Not sure.  Also not sure that those who are in charge will see it or fix it. 

Edited by twobjshelbys

4 hours ago, twobjshelbys said:

Not just you.  And I thought it was early Alzheimers...  Ithought something was different but most of what I do on Forums is "muscle memory" so I don't always see things like this unless it affects something changes to make something I did before, different.  That said,  that isn't the only thing behaving strangely:

1.  In the web page that displays the "unread content" search (I have my own version, yes, you can customize it) the list of topics portion is truncated with a whole bunch of white space on the right, as though a panel wanted to be displayed but isn't.  In this software most of those panels are sizeable (with a floating "three arrow" thing on either the right or left depending on which side the collapsable panel is located.  There is no floating panel.  

2.  I view almost all of my forums on both a Windows laptop using Firefox and my Andorid phone (Galaxy S10 using Firefox).  On the Windows system everything behaves as normal.  On the phone I always force it to "Request desktop site" (it doesn't matter).  When I display the topics the bottom ribbon where "Quote" and the like heart are displayed flash briefly and then disappear.  Subsequently, any attempt to reply or post is met with the reply/new topic text box permanently displaying "loading" and then nothing ever happens.  (Well, I can't say NEVER, but at least for the 15-20 minutes I let the phone rest one time.  Who knows, maybe it's a 36 hour timeout.  I'm not patient enough, so I call it NEVER.)

Oh and by the way, the mobile things happen on both Firefox and Chrome, so it's not the browser, but more likely the "mobile skin".

I was promised (but not yet delivered) a sneak preview of Forum II.  As it was described it is NOT an in-place upgrade to the existing forum and software and database, but it will be a new software base with a content migration (thus the reason for unifying your access usernames across all of Shelby.)   I've been waiting for the preview for a couple of months now and after asking a whole bunch of questions before the last notice it's just been silence so I suspect the task is much larger than anticipated. 

So my synopsis is that something has gone amok in the existing forums.  It could be preparation for a migration.  Not sure.  Also not sure that those who are in charge will see it or fix it. 

Well, something changed....     The pane of unread/new topics now fills the window - no extra pane.    The compressed vs verbose topic list style still doesn't do anything.

• 4 weeks later...