TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally!!!!

I've finally gone and done it. Just placed my order for an 08 GT500. Didn't get it for MSRP (which I was holding out for) but I was close! MSRP + $2500.00. Had to go out of state as all my local dealers wanted between $10,000.00 to $17,500.00 to order one. I kind of just fell into this deal. Talked to the owner of the dealership (and his son) last Wed. Mailed my deposit on Thursday morning. Called on Monday to see if they recieved my deposit (they did). Was contacted today that they recieved the DORA, and now the waiting begins!!! So tell me how do I keep from going crazy while waiting for my ride??? I find myself thinking about the Shelby (and all the MOD's I've planned) all the time.

Alloy Clearcoat Metallic w/Satin Silver Stripes

Charcoal/red interior

HID Headlamps

Sirius Sat Radio

Ambient Lighting

Nav System

Premium Interior Package

Full vehicle Cover

I'm kind off thinking about dropping the Sirius Radio

Now I have to find a good home for my 01 Cobra

Mike

I do not like the Sirius radio. Clarity is not as good as our local FM stations plus I can't listen to the radio in the garage and the signal drops everytime you go under an overpass. I'm glad it is free for six months because I do not plan to renew it.

I did not get Sirius because I did not want the antenna. I did not like the look of it and I don't want to have to clean/wax around that little black turtle shell all the time. I would imagine wax builds up on that rough plastic, too.

Thanks for the feed back. I'm 99% sure I'll drop the Sirius Radio. I already have a removable Sirius Radio that I use in my Cobra, I could use that for road trips. I already have people requesting a ride once I get it, infact one of my friends has volunteered to drive me up to the dealership when it's time to pick it up, and it's about a 4 hour drive each way!!! Maybe I should charge a fee for each ride, that way I could recoup the money I payed for the ADM!!! Just kidding LOL

My wife is already planning a road trip out west, once we get the Shelby!!! Guess the Nav system will come in handy. So now I'm doing the "I can't wait" dance. Kind of feel like a little kid right before Christmas! Man waiting sucks, but I'm sure it will be worth it.

Yep tell me i just got my buld date 8/13 . now i am realy waiteing and i drop the Sirius because i have all the cd i need and i did't like the black dot on the trunk

[/quot

Recieved the purchase agreement today. Signed and in the mail already. Enclosed with the P. A. was both the DORA and the VOC. Called the dealer to let him know I recieved the P.A. and it was signed and in the mail. Took the opportunity to drop the Sirius Radio from the order. So now everything is set, just waiting on a build date.

I did notice on the VOC/DORA that my order was priority 10, Order type 1, Price Code 815. Anyone know what all this means????

Thanks,

Mike

I'll keep posting updates as I get them and pictures when I take delievery. Still have no idea what priority 10, ect. means? Anyone out there able to explain it for me?

Mike

I'll keep posting updates as I get them and pictures when I take delievery. Still have no idea what priority 10, ect. means? Anyone out there able to explain it for me?

Mike

Mine was a priority 10 and I tracked mine thru every step.

10 means it is a order for a customer (retail) not just a stock order to fill inventory.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Mine was a priority 10 and I tracked mine thru every step.

10 means it is a order for a customer (retail) not just a stock order to fill inventory.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

I have a question then Grabber, My DORA shows a priority of 18.

It also says on it "VEHICLE NOT FOR SALE".

I'm assuming this is because I'm getting the second one that they have on order for 2008?

It also has my name on the bottom of the DORA.

Does this sound normal for my situation?

I have a question then Grabber, My DORA shows a priority of 18.

It also says on it "VEHICLE NOT FOR SALE".

I'm assuming this is because I'm getting the second one that they have on order for 2008?

It also has my name on the bottom of the DORA.

Does this sound normal for my situation?

Priority 18 is still very low. To be honest with you it's not going to make a difference weather it's an 10 or an 18. The fact that it is a pre-sold unit to a customer does help.

MY DORA

DORA006.jpg

Thanks Grabber. Mine looks pretty simillar. I still have the original one that doesn't have the prices on it because they had not released pricing yet.

The one thing that is different is the date is the same on mine for Order RCPT Date and DORA Processed. Both 6/6/07.

Grabber, Thanks for the info. I believe that this dealer only recieved 1 GT500 last year, so I suppose that they are getting only 1 this year too. This being the one I ordered. Will this have any impact on my order. Also could you take a guess as to when Ford my build my car. Waiting sucks!!

Mike

Priority 10 is normally the highest given. This pretty much tells you that your dealer doesn't have any ordered ahead of yours. The only time you'll see a priority lower than 10 is if Ford screws something up for someone. Say your car comes in damaged and they have to build you another. Then it's possible to see priority 1.

• 4 weeks later...

Got some very good news on Saturday. My dealer e-mailed me to let me know that they got their allotment and that Ford has issued my full VIN#!!!! Man the excitement level just keeps rising. I guess/hope that this means that my build date must be closer now. The dealer did mention that his guess was delievery sometime in November! Just in time for my birthday. How sweet is that!!!!!! On a side note I saw my 1st GT500 on the road the other day, a red with white stripe coup. I must say it looks way better on the road than on the dealers floor and I think it looked awsome on the dealers floor!!! Out riding my HD with the wife today and passed a Black with Silver stripe GT500 Convert. It too looked amazing. These two GT500's are the only ones that I've seen on the road.

So now I'm anxiously waiting for my next update!!!! Now that I've received my VIN#, I'm going to order the Shelby Signature Dash Plaque. I've heard it's worth 40 HP!!!! I've got to be sick, cars not even scheduled for a build date and I'm already buying stuff for it!!! Alloy Metallic Clearcoat the Hottest and Fastest color!!!

Mike

Order type 1,

Order type 1 is for Retail sold units that are ordered.

Order type 2 is for Stock vehicles

Order type B is for Demo

Order types 0, 4, 5, 6, 9, C, E, L, N, O, or V are Fleet Vehicles

Priority 10 is usually the lowest number for highest priority to get the vehicle order pulled and scheduled to be built.

dgussin1

Thanks for the advice. Now that the VIN has been issued I don't believe I can change the order. At least not without a big hassle. I already dropped the Sirius a while back. Guess I'll keep the order as is. I do think the Nav system will come in handy on road trips. Anyone out there that has the Nav in their GT500 have any comments? Pro or con?

Thanks,

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

Got some more good news this weekend. :happy feet: My dealership emailed me that my build date should be 9/24/07. He also told me that my order had been "Bucked" Whatever that means? :drop: Looks like I'll be joining the ranks for GT500 "OWNERS" real soon. Bout time as the PSDS is getting real old real fast!!! Hope to see you all on the road real soon !! :banvictory:

Mike

Got some more good news this weekend. :happy feet: My dealership emailed me that my build date should be 9/24/07. He also told me that my order had been "Bucked" Whatever that means? :drop: Looks like I'll be joining the ranks for GT500 "OWNERS" real soon. Bout time as the PSDS is getting real old real fast!!! Hope to see you all on the road real soon !! :banvictory:

Mike

Great news. Bucked means the car has started the production process. Should be done in about 24 hours or so. Then the waiting begins. :waiting:

Great news. Bucked means the car has started the production process. Should be done in about 24 hours or so. Then the waiting begins. :waiting:

AD,

Thanks for updating what "Bucked" means! What do you mean NOW the waiting begins? What is it I've been doing since I 1st heard the rumors of a GT500? LOL!! Oh yeah I forgot to mention that when I visited BOF to check up on things, I got the .pdf file on the window sticker!!! PSDS suxs big time hopfully it's about to end!!!!

Mike

AD,

Thanks for updating what "Bucked" means! What do you mean NOW the waiting begins? What is it I've been doing since I 1st heard the rumors of a GT500? LOL!! Oh yeah I forgot to mention that when I visited BOF to check up on things, I got the .pdf file on the window sticker!!! PSDS suxs big time hopfully it's about to end!!!!

Mike

Up until the car is produced, you can track status through Ford. Once they release it to Autoport (within a day or so of it being built), you'll have to bug your dealer for a rail car number and then post it on the forum (create a new thread) and someone will help you track the rail car. What I meant by NOW is that FORD can no longer tell you anything about the car once they release it to Autoport.

Good luck.

Dave

Got some very good news on Friday!!! :happy feet: My GT500 has been built :yahoo: Ford built it on 9/24/07 just like my dealer said it would be!!! Produced Date and Gate Release Date both 9/24/07. Should have my ride sometime in October!!! Man I can't wait. This is better than Christmas!!!!

Mike

dgussin1

Thanks for the advice. Now that the VIN has been issued I don't believe I can change the order. At least not without a big hassle. I already dropped the Sirius a while back. Guess I'll keep the order as is. I do think the Nav system will come in handy on road trips. Anyone out there that has the Nav in their GT500 have any comments? Pro or con?

Thanks,

Mike

Edited to say I know my replys late but you can still have the dealer install Nav for the same price...

I have Nav I say...

Get It!

Get It!

Get It!

I like my factory nav better than the pioneer units and alot of the other aftermarket ones. It even comes with an aux audio input for an Ipod, makes the Shaker500 sound alot better than the regular head unit and for 200 bucks more you can mod to except a backup camera and play DVDs, watch tv and MP4s on the screen. You have to order the RGB unit from http://www.tvandnav2go.com/ford-navigation-system.html

Archived