TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tungsten GT500

i had planned a tungsten 'vert and adding silver stripes, but after thinking about the charcoal/crimson interior, decided to stay with tungsten, going with black stripes, and the crimson interior.

you're right, black stripes aren't available at all.

you should do what i have planned. go for the stripe delete options (both top and sides) and go to an aftermarket trim shop ... that's what i meant about adding black stripes.

• 2 weeks later...

The following is from a press release about the Limited Edition Tungsten Ford GT, it also holds true for the GT500:

"This dark silver color also brings out all the design features and the subtleties of the car," he adds. "In fact, people who've seen it thought we'd added a feature line around the side of the car. It's always been there, but you may not notice it in the car's other colors. The Tungsten Silver really brings it out."

Pardo notes that in the design studio, clay models are covered with "Dynoc" material that is a similar hue to Tungsten silver. The color is specifically designed to enhance the vehicle design details for evaluation.

"We use silver to evaluate our designs throughout the whole process," he says. "It brings out the subtleties, the returns and the negatives, the differences between horizontal and vertical surfaces."

I went down to a local dealership to see the Mustang GT in Tungsten - in person. The photos don't do it justice. It is a very nice, high metalic, dark silver. VERY NICE!

Archived