TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 Heritage Edition

Secondo

"Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 Heritage Edition celebrates 55 years of fast Mustangs

This tribute to Ken Miles' iconic race car can be yours for just $1,965"

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/12/19/2020-ford-gt350-heritage-edition/

Very cool to honor Ken Miles and GT350 heritage! Available on the R and non R models. 

Wish the article had more pictures of the car, especially the sides and how they fit the GT350 in the small fender area ahead of the door. I'll keep looking online. 

On 12/19/2019 at 5:26 PM, 39Mustang said:

I'd buy the R version right now if they offered it with the 10r80 in it!

I don't think Ford will do that.  However, I think Ford will put the Tremec DCT into the GT350..., eventually.  Putting a track-oriented transmission like the DCT into the GT350 just makes sense to me.  Other opinions may vary.

Nice to see Ford finally use Guardsman Blue again. Wish they would bring that color back into production for the Mustang, or at least Shelby models.

Anywho, i was kinda in the hunt for one of the 100 GT350s or 37 GT350Rs they made in 2015...This kinda interests me more....may have to check around local dealers to see if they can order one

21 minutes ago, ShelbyEra08 said:

Nice to see Ford finally use Guardsman Blue again. Wish they would bring that color back into production for the Mustang, or at least Shelby models.

Anywho, i was kinda in the hunt for one of the 100 GT350s or 37 GT350Rs they made in 2015...This kinda interests me more....may have to check around local dealers to see if they can order one

Guardsman Blue is only for the stripes and vinyl at that.  They have used Wimbledon White on special editions over the past few years.  I'd like to see both WW and GB come back for a year as production Mustang colors, even if it were limited to the GT500s.

Were GB and WW official Ford colors?  I recall that they were mixed in-house by Shelby and that color matching was problematic because the formula wasn't exactly controlled...

23 hours ago, twobjshelbys said:

Guardsman Blue is only for the stripes and vinyl at that.  They have used Wimbledon White on special editions over the past few years.  I'd like to see both WW and GB come back for a year as production Mustang colors, even if it were limited to the GT500s.

Were GB and WW official Ford colors?  I recall that they were mixed in-house by Shelby and that color matching was problematic because the formula wasn't exactly controlled...

I believe Guardsman Blue and Wimbledon White was official Ford Colors. Apparently the colors were available in these years

Wimbledon White: 1964-1971

Guardsman Blue: 1964-1965 (Maybe Shelby used the color again on 1966 GT350s?)

On 12/21/2019 at 1:46 PM, twobjshelbys said:

PM mhr.... he’ll know. 

19 hours ago, ShelbyEra08 said:

I believe Guardsman Blue and Wimbledon White was official Ford Colors. Apparently the colors were available in these years

Wimbledon White: 1964-1971

Guardsman Blue: 1964-1965 (Maybe Shelby used the color again on 1966 GT350s?)

Actually, GB was only available for the '64.5 Mustangs, but was used for the GT350 stripes.  I have a special fondness for GB.  And yeah, that's what color my '64.5 is.

2 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

Actually, GB was only available for the '64.5 Mustangs, but was used for the GT350 stripes.  I have a special fondness for GB.  And yeah, that's what color my '64.5 is.

Then i guess Shelby used GB for 1966? There is an Original 1966 GT350 around my area and it is in Guardsman Blue. The car is owned by Chuck Cantwell

33 minutes ago, ShelbyEra08 said:

Then i guess Shelby used GB for 1966? There is an Original 1966 GT350 around my area and it is in Guardsman Blue. The car is owned by Chuck Cantwell

Shelby American used Guardsman Blue on the Cobras and other cars they raced in that era.  The reason I asked if it was a Ford color is that if you get a bunch of Cobras together (as exist in the Shelby American Collection) and compare original era paints (most were repainted at some point ,but most not recently) then you see a wide variation in the color.  When asked I was told that they mixed the paint in the shop and that quality control wasn't their thing - they'd repaint a whole car so matching a body panel wasn't on the requirements list.    Seeing that Cantwell has a GB car doesn't surprise me, he probably painted it himself :)

21 hours ago, ShelbyEra08 said:

I know it was GB for the stripes in '65, and I'm guessing '66 as well, but I don't recall reading anything definitive about '66.  You'll have to ask Chuck if it is the original color.