TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Shelby GT/SC track issues

D&J_GT/SC

I recently took a trip down to Button willow raceway in my 2007 Shelby GT/SC with a Kenne Bell supercharger. I was tracking it and around half way through the day, the supercharger started to cut out and, making it so i had to stop driving that day. second day in the morning i did a few test laps to see if the problem had maybe gone away because the car cooled down, unfortunately it had the same problem.  Im not sure if its the heat or if the car is not mean't to be driven on the track, or if i should modify the air intake/outake system. 

thanks 

07SGT3052 

I have the Kenne Bell (installed at the Mod Shop in Las Vegas in January 2008) on my 2008 SGT.  When you mentioned the air intake, a properly installed KB has the air intake down close to the ground and far away from the heat of the engine compartment.  Is your air intact down low or is it up in the engine compartment?  That is question one.  If it is down low, is it totally clean?  The downside to the low air intake is that it does pick up a lot of "road crap" when driven on the street.  In and of itself, even a dirty air filter should not cause the KB to "cut out."  When you say that it was cutting out, were you experiencing an inability of the supercharger to attain boost?  If you have a boost gauge on your car, you would have that answer.  If you don't have a boost gauge, are you sure that what you are experiencing is the KB cutting out?  I had an experience in 2016 at the Terlingua high speed run where the car would not accelerate beyond about 140.  In 2013, we had hit 172 on that same run.  The culprit turned out to be spark plugs that were gapped too wide.  In addition to the vacuum leaks, these are some other things to consider.  Good luck.

Jim

the supercharger was incapable of maintaining boost and would boost for around a second, stop having boost than start. i did spin out once, and me and my dad took apart the air cleaner and it was spotless. I am wondering if I should take the car to Kenne Belle, but not sure. Is there any recommendations to were or who I should take it to? 

thanks 

Dylan 

Edited by D&J_GT/SC

• 2 weeks later...

Search my posts I cut out my hood and modified a glass SA scoop to allow hot air out of engine (or in as Chip Beck postulated) and off the top of my whipple. You will also benefit from ATI blue fluid in the brakes and FRPP brake cooling kit. I documented that mod in my posts as well. These cars rip on track! Cheers!