TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Your Shelby Top Speed

140 mph on a bad road and let off .. car was too squirrelly .... blame the road not the car ... No side roads and no traffic .. so those were pluses but a piss poor road for high speed driving

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

125 MPH one time on a 4 lane highway that was clear. :shift: Just me and 2 crotch rockets that wanted to race. We were at a stop light / intersection and when the light turned green we were off. One of the bikes was faster than the other but still no match for a GT500 with Stage I / Evo tune.

I do 130 at least 5 times a week.

I pegged the speedo at 160 and kept going this past sunday. It was the fastest I've gone in this car. I didn't see the RPM I hit, but I was near the top of 5th with my 3.73's which is 170mph.

Where in Chicagoland did you do this? I'm out in the Western Suburbs and the roads around here arn't good enough to go that fast, and the Tri-State is too damn crowded, so is I-88 and I like to go fast!!!!

On a side note I rented the Shelby GT-H last Oct. and held a steady 135 MPH across a long stretch of El Malpais Nat'l Monument in New Mexico. Man was that fun

120-130 MPH on I-90 between rt59 and I-290 on the very rare occasion that there is no traffic (almost never) and my wife isn't present!!! LOL

Mike

"On" your Cobra??

For God's Sake, Man - Who Was Driving It?? :redcard:

I am pretty sure I was driving. I did not even look at the speedometer. i was too busy figuring out what the hell i was doing. my brother saw it. he said nothing until we came to stop and stopped pooping our pants :finger:

It was pretty scary considering it was on a 2 lane rd and we were being pushed back into our seats. empty road in the middle of nowhere

Where in Chicagoland did you do this? I'm out in the Western Suburbs and the roads around here arn't good enough to go that fast, and the Tri-State is too damn crowded, so is I-88 and I like to go fast!!!!

On a side note I rented the Shelby GT-H last Oct. and held a steady 135 MPH across a long stretch of El Malpais Nat'l Monument in New Mexico. Man was that fun

120-130 MPH on I-90 between rt59 and I-290 on the very rare occasion that there is no traffic (almost never) and my wife isn't present!!! LOL

Mike

go out at 2-3 am and you'll see.

i did 155 in this vid towards the end when i was behind the z06 vs the red cobra. around 3:20 in the vid.

I guess I'm one of the slow guys around here. Only around 210km/h 3-4 times so far, which is around 130MPH. Car was very stable, but this car is a cop magnet and I want to keep my driver's licence for awhile!

I bought my car last Jan. from dealership in Sacramento CA., but took delivery in Reno Nv. to avoid paying sales taxes in CA. Drove the car down the backside of Sierra's in Nv. to where I live in AZ. Drove almost 100 miles through snow and ice, couldn't go much over 25 for about 4 hours. Thank God for traction control. When out of the snow and on solid dry road, had it up to 140 for a short burst, maybe a mile or two. Handled extremely well, felt solid as a rock, no floating or wander at all.

Had a 91 Z28 with a Paxton SC on it and had it up to about 130. NO comparison. The Z felt real spongy and not very solid at that speed.

AZbud

That doesn't make any sense, you pay sales tax in whatever state you register the car in, it doesn't matter what state you buy it in but where you register it, ie, where you live.

If there is some sneaky way around that, please share!

:D

I know. Just giving you a hard time.

George Carlin says something similar about flying.

Something like, "It's time to get on the plane." He says, "No thanks, I'll get in the plane." :hysterical2:

I teach English. Words are important to me. :happy feet:

Good point....Either that or he doesnt want me to know the truth..Thinks I cant handle the truth!!! :hysterical:

He is waiting for you to disclose how fast you have gone? Or maybe he made you promise not to disclose because it would make him look bad! lol

68Fastback and I went 145+ before I realized how fast we were going and let off after shifting into 5th.

Just remember those of you with 410's can't go as fast ( top speed ) as those with "higher" gears . You might reach top speed sooner but it won't be as high. :superhero: Something about max RPM's I think. :hysterical::stirpot:

Archived