TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Probably too good to be true.

I have a build week of 7/30. My salesman called me today and told me the built date was 7/31 (OK, I'm with him so far), then he told me the ETA at the dealership was 8/3 (Hunh?). It was a voicemail, so I called him back to confirm. He said his papers now say "build date 7/31 and ETA 8/3."

I ordered mine with stripes. It is my understanding that stripes take a few weeks to complete and the whole process takes 4-6 weeks from build to delivery. Even though my dealer is about 3 or 4 hours from Detroit, I doubt it would get there that quickly.

Do the GT500s have a false ETA date that is generated automatically and not taking stripes into account? I plan to call Customer Service tomorrow and try to find out what the deal is.

Oh man, the PSDS is setting in big time.

My '07 had a build week of Halloween week 10/31. It actually ended up being assembled like November 10th or something. My GT500 arrived at the dealership in Elwood, IN on November 16th. So your dates aren't too far-fetched. Still, don't hold your breath.

My '07 had a build week of Halloween week 10/31. It actually ended up being assembled like November 10th or something. My GT500 arrived at the dealership in Elwood, IN on November 16th. So your dates aren't too far-fetched. Still, don't hold your breath.

I looked at your car when it came to the dealership. I know Greg Wyant personally. I was over there looking at a Roush 427R when your car was there. He took me in the back to see it. Beautiful car.

I won't hold my breath, but, that does make it seem possible.

I looked at your car when it came to the dealership. I know Greg Wyant personally. I was over there looking at a Roush 427R when your car was there. He took me in the back to see it. Beautiful car.

I won't hold my breath, but, that does make it seem possible.

or not. He has stripes. Sunshines car does not (appears in avatar)

or not. He has stripes. Sunshines car does not (appears in avatar)

Huh???

Sunshine's car has tungsten stripes. I have seen it. It is even listed in his sig as black with tung stripes.

I was only suggesting that striping might change the schedule as it has on a number of others cars.

That is really what I was asking. Does the schedule get reported as though it does not have stripes, then get changed later when stripes are taken into account?

I know deep down that the car will not be here until late Aug/early Sept. I just caught a glimmer of hope that it could be sooner.

That is really what I was asking. Does the schedule get reported as though it does not have stripes, then get changed later when stripes are taken into account?

I know deep down that the car will not be here until late Aug/early Sept. I just caught a glimmer of hope that it could be sooner.

It might be that Ford has gotten better with its scheduling but when I got mine, it took several weeks after the build date for the striping to get done. The car was released to "Foreign Plant" where the stripes were applied, so your really didn't know when until it was assigned a rail car number.

Hope you get it as scheduled, just be prepared for a little delay.

It might be that Ford has gotten better with its scheduling but when I got mine, it took several weeks after the build date for the striping to get done. The car was released to "Foreign Plant" where the stripes were applied, so your really didn't know when until it was assigned a rail car number.

Hope you get it as scheduled, just be prepared for a little delay.

Thanks carnut. I am expecting a delay. Like I said in the title, prob too good to be true.

I just got off the phone with Customer Service.

She said they have 8/21 as the ETA. That makes more sense to me.

Wasn't the news I was hoping for, but, more believable. I can live with that. I was originally expecting to get it in Dec/Jan. Anytime in Aug is an improvement over that.

I just got off the phone with Customer Service.

She said they have 8/21 as the ETA. That makes more sense to me.

Wasn't the news I was hoping for, but, more believable. I can live with that. I was originally expecting to get it in Dec/Jan. Anytime in Aug is an improvement over that.

Woohoooooooo!!!!! That's AWESOME, dude!!! :happy feet:

Please keep us all posted on the progress. I think I have "SPSDS", because I am Sympathetic!!! :hysterical2: Make sure you post lots of pix when you get it! The light is at the end of the tunnel!!! :banvictory:

- PS- :spiteful: I am getting very :spiteful: close to an MSRP :spiteful: deal now. I'll keep you posted!

- PS- :spiteful: I am getting very :spiteful: close to an MSRP :spiteful: deal now. I'll keep you posted!

That is the second best news I have heard this week (next to my ETA). Good for you Chris. IF it does not work out, I'll still keep my ears open for a deal around here for you.

For the 2008 models, Ford is striping all the Shelbys in-house. They will no longer go across the street to the Mazda plant. The striping process will be much faster than it was before. When I toured the AAI plant, we saw the striping room. It's right off the end of the assembly line. My Shelby was one of the first Shelbys striped in-house (special deal), and it didn't take nearly as long as those that went across the street.

Not to add to the confusion, but I received this email from my Ford Dealer today :happy feet:

"hi dan, i have great news, the owner just informed me that he got a call from ford and they told him that next week they are going to issue a build week for YOUR new car. in a couple of weeks i should no when that is. as you are reading this i know the excitement has been raised another notch. when i recieve word i will email you immediately. i'll talk to you later, thanks again, dave"

Small dealer, doing their best, I get these, and they just create more questions for me. Anyone care to help me decipher??? :banghead::banghead::banghead:

For the 2008 models, Ford is striping all the Shelbys in-house. They will no longer go across the street to the Mazda plant. The striping process will be much faster than it was before. When I toured the AAI plant, we saw the striping room. It's right off the end of the assembly line. My Shelby was one of the first Shelbys striped in-house (special deal), and it didn't take nearly as long as those that went across the street.

So, I wonder why our very first 2008 GT500 has an invoice that says it was shipped to Woodhaven? And, it took 2-3 weeks longer to arrive than the Ford original estimated ETA to the dealership? If they are supposedly striping at Flat Rock in 2008, maybe it hasn't started yet or it started after our first 2008 was built? Ours was built on Tuesday, June 26th (2nd day of production). Woodhaven has been doing the over-the-top stripes, while Flat Rock has been doing the rocker panel stripes all along. Is it possible that the striping room you saw at AAI was, in fact, the place where Flat Rock puts on just the rocker panel stripes?

So, I wonder why our very first 2008 GT500 has an invoice that says it was shipped to Woodhaven? And, it took 2-3 weeks longer to arrive than the Ford original estimated ETA to the dealership? If they are supposedly striping at Flat Rock in 2008, maybe it hasn't started yet or it started after our first 2008 was built? Ours was built on Tuesday, June 26th (2nd day of production). Woodhaven has been doing the over-the-top stripes, while Flat Rock has been doing the rocker panel stripes all along. Is it possible that the striping room you saw at AAI was, in fact, the place where Flat Rock puts on just the rocker panel stripes?

Yes, the striping room we visited was the place where they apply the rocker panel stripes, but the guy working in that shop told us they would be striping all the the 2008s there (including over-the-top stripes). They had stock for all the over-the-top stripes sitting on the shelves. Not sure why your 2008 went to Woodhaven. Maybe they are having delays in transferring the jobs over.

:shrug:

Yes, the striping room we visited was the place where they apply the rocker panel stripes, but the guy working in that shop told us they would be striping all the the 2008s there (including over-the-top stripes). They had stock for all the over-the-top stripes sitting on the shelves. Not sure why your 2008 went to Woodhaven. Maybe they are having delays in transferring the jobs over.

:shrug:

I just double checked our invoice and it sure says "Ship-to" Woodhaven. We had to input the 31S ship-thru code when we place the order. In fact, I just jumped into Ford's ordering system to key in a 2008 GT500, and it is prompting me to input 31S for the ship-thru code to Woodhaven still. So, as you mentioned, perhaps they are still having delays in transferring the over-the-top striping from Woodhaven to Flat Rock until later in the model year.

Archived