TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Performance Jewelry

mfield2a

Drive report - the 65mm twin blade and the KR tune work really together, really well. Most mild mods I can’t feel a seat of the pants, but not so in this case, I definitely feel a difference in some 3rd gear pulls.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

FFRP TVS is now installed.  This is the M6066-MSVTA, which came from Ford with a 2.8 pulley installed. Based on what I could find this should put the crank HP right around 680, more than enough.  Drive report coming soon.

77F7B801-88A8-4892-975B-152D630EA2F6.jpeg

2 hours ago, mfield2a said:

X

A3E035E9-0A3C-4580-A0C8-1813EA8E34E3.jpeg

Bitchen!! Did you have to retune? And what were the costs of the TB and SC total if you want to share...super! Cannot wait for your drive report. What are you running for wheels and tires? Stoked for you.

On 1/5/2020 at 3:05 AM, SGT/SC#0471 said:

Bitchen!! Did you have to retune? And what were the costs of the TB and SC total if you want to share...super! Cannot wait for your drive report. What are you running for wheels and tires? Stoked for you.

No retune. I did install Motorcraft SP-471 plugs gapped to 32.   I’m running either stock wheels with Goodyear Eagles for the “stock look” or 20” staggered Razors with Innova’s. 295 rears.

At cold start and idle the exhaust is noticeably louder.  (Personally I think it sounds incredible!) I let the car idle in for about 10 min to warm up and gave the let computer time to make any needed adjustments, then it was time to get it out on the road.

Sunny and close to 60. Road surface should have been close to 70, so pretty ideal.

First I did an easy run and cycle. Not really getting above 3500rpm and not putting in any boost. Then I did a few short pulls in 4th, listening to the engine. After I was confident the KR Tune was within limits (as is to be with this TVS and TB) I rolled into 4th, brought up to 65mph on an open road and stabbed the gas. At that point the tires broke into the dreaded wheel hop...Yes in 4th.  I did a few roll-ons,  just easing into the gas pedal and power.  Yup, it’s fast.  Just for kicks I did a 2nd gear stab at 30mph to see if there was any luck with traction...not even close, but at least the tires spun fast enough not to hop.  It’s going to be a blast getting to know the increased power!  

All in it was about $2500, which is about $17 per pony...that’s unreal!! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2020 at 10:09 PM, mfield2a said:

No retune. I did install Motorcraft SP-471 plugs gapped to 32.   I’m running either stock wheels with Goodyear Eagles for the “stock look” or 20” staggered Razors with Innova’s. 295 rears.

At cold start and idle the exhaust is noticeably louder.  (Personally I think it sounds incredible!) I let the car idle in for about 10 min to warm up and gave the let computer time to make any needed adjustments, then it was time to get it out on the road.

Sunny and close to 60. Road surface should have been close to 70, so pretty ideal.

First I did an easy run and cycle. Not really getting above 3500rpm and not putting in any boost. Then I did a few short pulls in 4th, listening to the engine. After I was confident the KR Tune was within limits (as is to be with this TVS and TB) I rolled into 4th, brought up to 65mph on an open road and stabbed the gas. At that point the tires broke into the dreaded wheel hop...Yes in 4th.  I did a few roll-ons,  just easing into the gas pedal and power.  Yup, it’s fast.  Just for kicks I did a 2nd gear stab at 30mph to see if there was any luck with traction...not even close, but at least the tires spun fast enough not to hop.  It’s going to be a blast getting to know the increased power!  

All in it was about $2500, which is about $17 per pony...that’s unreal!! 

Thanks for your info! Sounds rad! What is the best way to kill the wheel hop, do you have plans to do so?

I just got a set of Apex Racing wheels and 305 PSS 4S on the rear I will post a pic when I get them mounted! 

4 hours ago, SGT/SC#0471 said:

Thanks for your info! Sounds rad! What is the best way to kill the wheel hop, do you have plans to do so?

I just got a set of Apex Racing wheels and 305 PSS 4S on the rear I will post a pic when I get them mounted! 

Sweet!!!

Well, it’s been cold and wet so I have not had a chance to run it with the 20” invo’s, and hopefully I’ll learn to drive around it, but if all else fails...BMR. 

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=gt500+wheel+hop&&view=detail&mid=E4826A5A24FC68C1124FE4826A5A24FC68C1124F&&FORM=VDRVRV&PC=APPL

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, SGT/SC#0471 said:

PSS 4S apex wheels thing hooks now on street. TOTALLY different car!

IMG_7970.jpeg

IMG_7972.jpeg

Those look great.  Hmmm.  I might need to upgrade to 305’s. Did you go 255 or 265 in the front?  

5 hours ago, Robert M said:

Is that the FRPP TVS S/C that Shelby originally installed on the 605hp and later the 660hp Super Snakes? or is that another S/C that was offered through FRPP?

It looks Great!!!

R

Thanks 👍🏻

The part number is M-6066-MDVTA. As far as I can tell it’s the same as M-6066-SGT (which is the 605) but with a smaller 2.8 pulley in place of the 3.0.  

I’m planning to take her up to Brenspeed here in the next month with the goal of a dyno tune focused on honing in on the spark and fuel tables, but leaving the KR Tune MAF alone. We’ll see!!

48 minutes ago, mfield2a said:

Thanks 👍🏻

The part number is M-6066-MDVTA. As far as I can tell it’s the same as M-6066-SGT (which is the 605) but with a smaller 2.8 pulley in place of the 3.0.  

I’m planning to take her up to Brenspeed here in the next month with the goal of a dyno tune focused on honing in on the spark and fuel tables, but leaving the KR Tune MAF alone. We’ll see!!

I'm thinking through tuning, that same blower is what became the 660hp Super Snake option when the 725hp moved to 750hp, FRPP may have changed to pulley to get to 660, I don't know. I do know the 725 to 750 upsize for the KB was a tune only.

It will be interesting to hear the results.

R

On 2/7/2020 at 1:07 PM, mfield2a said:

Those look great.  Hmmm.  I might need to upgrade to 305’s. Did you go 255 or 265 in the front?  

285 up front, 305 rear I would like more sidewall or profile on rear however this was combo in PSS 4s and I know from my Porsche track habit that these tires solve all problems. 

Thanks and seriously I can now actually drive the car, however it HAD stock 11 year old tires on it that were hard as rocks, any throttle at all was sideways, but it is cold here now. 

These tires I can give it some juice.

Archived