TEAM SHELBY FORUM

'06 GT-H Radio questions

ers61

First, how do you change the satellite station to a particular station.  I can enter the number but what is pressed after you enter number?

I'm all about keeping cars like these as original as possible. I do have Razors installed but I also have original wheels in my basement. 

With all that being said, what radio replacement recommendations does anyone have. My factory satellite doesn't work 25% of the time. Can be frustrating.  

Thanks

Shortly after the 2006 program HERTZ had extra Model SRIR-002FMH SIRUS Satellite Digital Audio Receiver Systems in a warehouse and gave them away free if requested.  At least I think it was HERTZ that I contacted or maybe SIRUS.  So some of us got complete new in the box systems.  That said, search in this forum HERTZ Sirus radio, I beleive there is instructions like what channel to be on so you can get the satellite etc.   I have instructions somewhere and Ill try to look for it.  havent used mine in a long time

Edited by H0050

18 hours ago, ers61 said:

First, how do you change the satellite station to a particular station.  I can enter the number but what is pressed after you enter number?

I'm all about keeping cars like these as original as possible. I do have Razors installed but I also have original wheels in my basement. 

With all that being said, what radio replacement recommendations does anyone have. My factory satellite doesn't work 25% of the time. Can be frustrating.  

Thanks

By factory satellite I'm guessing you are referring to the Hertz installed Sirius radio control?

If so thats about how they worked when new, meaning pretty bad. The Sirius radio controls used in the GTH were low-end Audio-vox units re-branded with the Hertz logo so they were not great performers out of the box. The next biggest reason for the low performance was having the satellite antenna mounted inside the car which accounts for the signal loss.

In my opinion any decent quality name brand stereo is better than what came stock in the 2006 GTH and will have all kinds of bells & whistles for smart phones and aux inputs.

Steven

• 2 weeks later...

I keep mine installed for original "looks", and it seems to have a lifetime subscription on it as it still works.  I rarely use it though.  It doesn't pull in a strong signal, and even when it does, the sounds is quite POOR going through that FM modulator.  

I did get a complete new system for my car and it was sent to me at no charge since mine was all missing when I bought the car.  This was many years ago, though. 

sirius

• 3 years later...
On 11/1/2019 at 1:47 PM, ITHERTZ66 said:

I keep mine installed for original "looks", and it seems to have a lifetime subscription on it as it still works.  I rarely use it though.  It doesn't pull in a strong signal, and even when it does, the sounds is quite POOR going through that FM modulator.  

I did get a complete new system for my car and it was sent to me at no charge since mine was all missing when I bought the car.  This was many years ago, though. 

sirius

When I bought my '06 in 2011 from Vantage Sports Cars in Orlando, it didn't come with the receiver for some reason, which I didn't notice until like a year later!  I wish I had it though - if anything for the lifetime subscription.  Oh well.