TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Noticing Something Unsettling

StallionRider

After putting a bit over 1300 miles in I noticed certain things that are off about my 2019 Shelby GT 350. Firstly, I noticed there is misalignment of rear body panels though no sign of accident damage though I did see a car suspiciously speeding away from mine after being so questionably close to it as I was at work witnessing it from a window view. Another issue I've been noticing was a very subtle sound when shifting to 2nd gear. I don' hear it in other gears. 

1. I got this car brand new. For a $63,000 high performance car to carry the Shelby name while having misaligned body parts is never excusable. If not all the parts of anything are properly installed and flushed in it can affect the aerodynamics of the car and could potentially damage it. I can't help but think what if I drive one day on the highway or on the track and the rear end falls off, or what if water and other stuff get into that gap and some build up happens because of that gap all because of simply cleaning my own car. I chose this car to be both my daily driver and non competitive tracking. The rear right side is perfectly flushed into the car, but the rear left side is obviously not fitted in properly. The gap on that side is very noticeable there's no way you can miss it when compared to the other proper side. The following link is a youtube video of a guy reviewing a new Mustang Bullitt where it amplified my concerns of my own car especially starting at the 2:15 mark. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK4UBq7iWac

2. As for the sounds of the car when shifting to 2nd gear, this has been happening before I noticed problem #1. Regardless of being in normal or sport mode, if I were to start from 1st gear and try to go fast and let the rev gauge reach somewhere over 5 to 6000 RPM push clutch all the way in and then shift to 2nd gear there's this subtle sound. It doesn't sound like gears grinding, no clunking sounds, no clutch slippage, it gets into the  gear just fine, but the source of the sound seems to come from the stick itself making a whirring sound (not sure if accurate, but I'm trying my best to describe it) but it's only happening as I was shifting for the 2nd gear, and I never hear it happening on other gears.  I think I should keep experimenting, but for now it seems that the sound it makes happens as the shifting happens and not on the gear itself making the sounds. I could be wrong and pay attention too much to the vibrations that happen when the car is revving high, but a second opinion would help give me a peace of mind and help me figure out what I can do to fix these issues. 

Edited by StallionRider

1 hour ago, sheppd01 said:

All the 2015 and up mustangs are like that.  Ford had to repaint my trunk and rear drivers side fender.  The trunk alinement was so off that it caught the rear fender and chipped the paint.  
It fits perfectly now.  

So when you said it fits perfectly now did you take it to service to get it fitted in properly?

You are notified of recalls - almost always safety related.  Any failures that don't cause the car to crash or burn are handled through TSBs, and the only way you find out about a TSB is by taking your car with that particular problem to the dealer for repair.  You can find out about safety recalls, but there is no (public) source for TSB. If you subscribe to the Ford service books (through Helm) then you can see them.  Of course dealers can.  But they're not supposed to answer the question "can you print me a list of TSBs for 2017 Mustangs".

18 hours ago, Fat Boss said:

There's a TSB covering the body panel alignment in the rear.  Just bring it in, complain, and tell them there's a TSB.  They'll find it.

What does TSB stand for? 

Update: never mind just found it 

Edited by StallionRider

6 hours ago, StallionRider said:

Thank you but are you sure it wouldn’t matter considering mine is a 2019? The PDF here covers 2015 to 2018

6 hours ago, StallionRider said:

What does TSB stand for? 

Update: never mind just found it 

TSB's can always be superseded by an updated version covering more vehicles than originally listed. It would be up to your Ford dealership to tell you this TSB doesn't apply which you can then ask why not, my car exhibits the same problem.

Although you found it others may not, TSB stands for Technical Service Bulletin. All manufacturers have them.

Steven