TEAM SHELBY FORUM

This is an add on to "The Rattle from Hell" thread:

Took the car in yesterday morning to find and fix this rattle/vibration.

We got it up on the lift and, lo and behold, the driver side muffler hanger was rubbing against the rear frame rail!

The tech cut off about an inch, creating plenty of clearance and I left.

The problem is not gone-I think its worse!

I'm taking the car back next week and basically my message is going to be: don't call me to come get this car until you've fixed it!

It ruins the enjoyment of the car. My wife drove it last night and couldn't believe how bad it was.

This is starting to turn into a monumental pain in the ass!

:rant:

I went thru the same thing... Tried every "suggested' fix there was... Cut the hanger, bent the hanger, loosened everything and adjusted from the X-pipe backwards on BOTH sides of the car, found a couple of "extra" bolts rattling around the fender wells in the trunk area, blah, blah, blah...

And the FINAL fix = Had BOTH mufflers replaced UNDER WARANTEE at the local Dealership... And to be honest, I haven't had a single problem since :-)

Good Luck!

07SGT0547

I went thru the same thing... Tried every "suggested' fix there was... Cut the hanger, bent the hanger, loosened everything and adjusted from the X-pipe backwards on BOTH sides of the car, found a couple of "extra" bolts rattling around the fender wells in the trunk area, blah, blah, blah...

And the FINAL fix = Had BOTH mufflers replaced UNDER WARANTEE at the local Dealership... And to be honest, I haven't had a single problem since :-)

Good Luck!

07SGT0547

The dealership had the car all day and I went to pick it up tonight.

I think it's fixed. :banvictory:

The SA really didn't have the details on what the tech did. I'll try to find out.

BACK TO THE STREETS!

Archived