TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2020 GT500 Price Markup

Michael Bryant

15 minutes ago, Secondo said:

I think he meant maybe a year from now when people start selling them due to quality and mechanical issues- "No  more ADM all day long!" :hysterical2:

The current Vettes always could be had with Black Friday sale prices all year long.

Ok, see reviews so far. New C8 almost 200 lbs more than C7, takes 10 more feet to stop from 70mph than C7, is quieter, so much so that it detracts from the experience of driving a sports car, and the interior is awkward. Not to mention the ugly wheels and rear end. But it's "better in every way" :hysterical:

To stay on topic: There's a reason there will be ADM's on new GT500's. Demand.  Because it will be quality built engineered to perform musclecar. 

I concur.  If there are Corvette dealers with ADMs it's because they are greedy, and think people are stupid, and don't have enough volume to get cars at will.  GM will make as many of these as they can sell.  They always have. Noone ever bought a Corvette thinking they could stash it in the garage and make a fortune, unlike some early GT500 buyers.  Moving the engine to the back side is not going to double demand for the car and cause a short supply, and in fact, many old time died-in-the-wool Corvette fans will be turned off by it.  This is a simple matter of managing Total Available Market.  In a commodity market, TAM can neither be created nor destroyed, only shuffled.  You don't see whole bunches of Ferrari owners jumping ship to move to the Corvette do you?  

But I suppose there are a few Corvette fans that will continue to live on in their own little fantasy world thinking somehow volume will double and there won't be enough to go around.  Unlike GT500s.  However, that supply/demand issue is created by Ford and the volume of the GT500 could be increased easily.  It's just another set of switches that drive the assembly line.  Ford creates this ADM by controlling volume (if you search, you will find their production expectations for this year, somewhere around 5K units) and their supply line is already set for that, so even if they decided tomorrow to increase volume, it's too late for this model year...

23 minutes ago, Secondo said:

The current Vettes always could be had with Black Friday sale prices all year long.

Yep.  You wanna know when it's time to buy a car like these?   They will be few in dealer inventory and the one they have will be sitting in the show room.   The time to buy one is when they start parking them outside. 

20 hours ago, twobjshelbys said:

Noone ever bought a Corvette thinking they could stash it in the garage and make a fortune, 

Well yes and no. Chevy dealers sold quite a few 1978 Corvettes with ADM's to speculators who are just now able to get MSRP for cars  still in the wrapper. Might be a couple more decades before the get their ADM money back.

But hey thats for the buyers grandchildren to deal with ;)

And staying with the GT500 how about $170,000 pre-order from a SoCal dealership?

5 hours ago, Secondo said:

I think he meant maybe a year from now when people start selling them due to quality and mechanical issues- "No  more ADM all day long!" :hysterical2:

Ok, see reviews so far. New C8 almost 200 lbs more than C7, takes 10 more feet to stop from 70mph than C7, is quieter, so much so that it detracts from the experience of driving a sports car, and the interior is awkward. Not to mention the ugly wheels and rear end. But it's "better in every way" :hysterical:

To stay on topic: There's a reason there will be ADM's on new GT500's. Demand.  Because it will be quality built engineered to perform musclecar. 

Please post one ?....

8 hours ago, SAI-Steven said:

The 2020 vette isn't on dealer lots yet so how can you get one all day long at msrp?

I just looked at eBay and there is only one 2020 vette listed as a PRE-ORDER for $125,000

Just curious on what you're basing your post on?

Steven

I can get a 2020 GT500 at msrp at my local Ford dealer...…..Also can get a C8 Vette at msrp at my local GM dealer....I guess it all depends

where you're located and how greedy the dealers are in that area I guess....as far as the GT500 my local dealer had 6 allocations and still had two

available up to 3 weeks ago.

3 hours ago, svtkeith said:

I can get a 2020 GT500 at msrp at my local Ford dealer...…..Also can get a C8 Vette at msrp at my local GM dealer....I guess it all depends

where you're located and how greedy the dealers are in that area I guess....as far as the GT500 my local dealer had 6 allocations and still had two

available up to 3 weeks ago.

You're in Canada though, maybe there are laws against ADM's? Here in the U.S., usually the market influences prices.

Please post one ?....

It was the latest Car & Driver magazine review and other opinions. 

7 hours ago, Secondo said:

You're in Canada though, maybe there are laws against ADM's? Here in the U.S., usually the market influences prices.

It was the latest Car & Driver magazine review and other opinions. 

You serious?....you call that a bad review?....yeah ok!!………….Not saying there is no ADM just my local dealers I'm talking about... maybe

in the big cities like Toronto Montreal and Vancouver I'm sure there are because there sure was in 07 when the GT500's came out.

You serious?....you call that a bad review?....yeah ok!!………….Not saying there is no ADM just my local dealers I'm talking about... maybe

in the big cities like Toronto Montreal and Vancouver I'm sure there are because there sure was in 07 when the GT500's came out.

Never said it had a bad review, I said not so great. In contrast, a GT350 review in comparison would be highly rated with less negatives. 

I say wait until the car is released. I spoke with a new Supra owner. Loves the car and doesn't understand the reviews. The C8 has yet to be officially released. Same for the GT500. 

On 10/21/2019 at 3:39 PM, SAI-Steven said:

Well yes and no. Chevy dealers sold quite a few 1978 Corvettes with ADM's to speculators who are just now able to get MSRP for cars  still in the wrapper. Might be a couple more decades before the get their ADM money back.

But hey thats for the buyers grandchildren to deal with ;)

And staying with the GT500 how about $170,000 pre-order from a SoCal dealership?

1978 Corvette = :boring:

2020 GT500 $170K = Market Value in SoCal.

On 10/21/2019 at 10:51 AM, SAI-Steven said:

The 2020 vette isn't on dealer lots yet so how can you get one all day long at msrp?

I just looked at eBay and there is only one 2020 vette listed as a PRE-ORDER for $125,000

Just curious on what you're basing your post on?

Steven

Every dealer on the Corvette Forum is selling orders for MSRP.  Corvette Forums has many dealers that are sponsors that help out Members with anything and everything Corvette related.

Edited by carnut12

15 hours ago, svtkeith said:

:thumbsup:

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 11:44 AM, Secondo said:

Never said it had a bad review, I said not so great. In contrast, a GT350 review in comparison would be highly rated with less negatives. 

I say wait until the car is released. I spoke with a new Supra owner. Loves the car and doesn't understand the reviews. The C8 has yet to be officially released. Same for the GT500. 

Gee!!... now that clears it all up for me..."Not bad" just.."Not so great"...….:doh:

5 minutes ago, svtkeith said:

Gee!!... now that clears it all up for me..."Not bad" just.."Not so great"...….:doh:

Right. Considering all the hype GM has generated, you'd think the car was stellar, but its not.

Let's see how long your buddy keeps his before trading it for something else. 

A GT500 ;)

1 hour ago, Secondo said:

Right. Considering all the hype GM has generated, you'd think the car was stellar, but its not.

Let's see how long your buddy keeps his before trading it for something else. 

A GT500 ;)

So far the reviews have been stellar...only time will tell how stellar once buyers get out there and ring it out themselves..no different

than the GT500 or any other car for that matter.

12 hours ago, svtkeith said:

So far the reviews have been stellar...only time will tell how stellar once buyers get out there and ring it out themselves..no different

:thumbsup:+1

On 10/23/2019 at 3:02 PM, svtkeith said:

Couldn’t agree more.  The new 911-S just got Best Drivers Car (GT350 came in 2nd and got awesome reviews) and the Corvette beat out the 911 in a recent review.  They said it wasn’t better then the 911, but when you bring price into consideration it just wins, that’s how close it is to the 911.  The 911 is the most Admired sports Car ever, that is a Huge compliment.  

Too bad the GT500 and C8 weren’t available for the testing, Best Drivers Car in my opinion is a much better test then the typical track testing, 99.9% of buyers don’t track their cars.  Real world driving is what matters.

Edited by carnut12

14 hours ago, SAI-Steven said:

Ok I've been avoiding making this post because I too am guilty of using the "C" word in this thread so with that said PLEASE lets try to get this thread back to GT500 ADM's. Corvette's and Porsche's and be discussed in the off topic area.

Thank you

:whistling:  Your welcome!