TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Availability?

gt5001

A Ford salesman told me it wasn't difficult to buy a Shelby GT. He said most everyone wants the GT500 and the Shelby GTs are going at MSRP or close. Is this true? How difficult to get a 2008 blue coupe?

The Shelby GT's in my area have been going for MSRP.

Lately they have been sitting at dealers for a couple weeks before being sold.

A Ford salesman told me it wasn't difficult to buy a Shelby GT. He said most everyone wants the GT500 and the Shelby GTs are going at MSRP or close. Is this true? How difficult to get a 2008 blue coupe?

Strange question...you were talking to a salesman. Not difficult at all...just order one from him and you got it!

The 07's are available for MSRP.

The 2008 I suspect will have higher mark ups and be harder to come by because they are only building 2200 for 08 and 70% are estimated to be convertibles. We will probably not see an 08.

BTW, I have two 07's you can have for MSRP. One white with automatic and one Black with manual.

Clearly the market has softened on both the GT and 500; at least in the Los Angeles area anyway. Santa Monica Ford (Santa Monica, CA) has one white/silver SGT and two 500's (one black/white, one white/blue). I believe that they are still standing with 15K ADM's on all three cars, but I can't imagine that they will hold with those ADM's when the 08's start dropping on them.

Galpin Ford has quite a few SGT'S and 500's in stock with ADM still holding at 15K for their SGT's and 25 to 65K on their 500's. The 65K ADM's are on cars number 3 and 31(2007's), and the 25K ADM is the avarage on all of the other 500's they have in stock.

BTW as predicted several months ago, Galpin "won" the right to recieve TWO KR's. Only God and Burt Bachmann (the owner of Galpin) knows what the ADM will be on those two cars, but my guess is that they will be no less than six figures each. I also suspect that they will be low numbered cars too, because Carroll and Burt go back many, many, years, and they just had a private lunch together about three weeks ago; shortly after Galpin "won" the two KR's.

As already stated by Shelby Dude, the ADM on 2008 SGT's vert's will be significantly higher than the 2007 MY cars due to their limited production numbers.

The bottom line is that if you are in contact with a dealership that will sell you a SGT for MSRP, then you should definately think about going for it.

....LOL, the cars at Santa Monica: I wonder if the White and Silver Shelby GT was the car I originally ordered and I wonder if the Black and white GT500 is the one that was sitting in the showroom when I signed my sales contract back in Jan. They were asking $20K ADM on the GT500 then.

• 2 weeks later...
Clearly the market has softened on both the GT and 500; at least in the Los Angeles area anyway. Santa Monica Ford (Santa Monica, CA) has one white/silver SGT and two 500's (one black/white, one white/blue). I believe that they are still standing with 15K ADM's on all three cars, but I can't imagine that they will hold with those ADM's when the 08's start dropping on them.

Galpin Ford has quite a few SGT'S and 500's in stock with ADM still holding at 15K for their SGT's and 25 to 65K on their 500's. The 65K ADM's are on cars number 3 and 31(2007's), and the 25K ADM is the avarage on all of the other 500's they have in stock.

BTW as predicted several months ago, Galpin "won" the right to recieve TWO KR's. Only God and Burt Bachmann (the owner of Galpin) knows what the ADM will be on those two cars, but my guess is that they will be no less than six figures each. I also suspect that they will be low numbered cars too, because Carroll and Burt go back many, many, years, and they just had a private lunch together about three weeks ago; shortly after Galpin "won" the two KR's.

As already stated by Shelby Dude, the ADM on 2008 SGT's vert's will be significantly higher than the 2007 MY cars due to their limited production numbers.

The bottom line is that if you are in contact with a dealership that will sell you a SGT for MSRP, then you should definately think about going for it.

I heard Galpin is wanting $170K for the KR

How did they "WIN" two of these?

The only dealers I know of that WON any of these so far is the 5 dealers that attended the meeting in Detroit. Were they one of the 5 dealers there that won one? And how was the second one won?

To my knowledge there has not been any other winners yet and the next winner announcement will be Aug 10th which is a lottery based on July F-Series sales.

The next lottery is based on share of nation 2006 - 2007 mustang sales which that only gets the dealer X number of tokens based on their sales for their region and they still have to win from a drawing and hold a winning token to win one.

So I would really be curious to know what deal they were involved in that they have already won two???

I heard Galpin is wanting $170K for the KR

How did they "WIN" two of these?

The only dealers I know of that WON any of these so far is the 5 dealers that attended the meeting in Detroit. Were they one of the 5 dealers there that won one? And how was the second one won?

To my knowledge there has not been any other winners yet and the next winner announcement will be Aug 10th which is a lottery based on July F-Series sales.

The next lottery is based on share of nation 2006 - 2007 mustang sales which that only gets the dealer X number of tokens based on their sales for their region and they still have to win from a drawing and hold a winning token to win one.

So I would really be curious to know what deal they were involved in that they have already won two???

I think the name GALPIN (GAS). They are a very famous Ford dealership that is ALWAYS on TV. They have a nice collection of cars, from what I have seen in their backroom on MTV GAS PIMP MY RIDE

I think the name GALPIN (GAS). They are a very famous Ford dealership that is ALWAYS on TV. They have a nice collection of cars, from what I have seen in their backroom on MTV GAS PIMP MY RIDE

They are the number one selling Ford Dealer in the country and sell over 500 new Fords per month.

I just checked and they show 1,350 new Fords in stock! That is HUGE!

Working out an invoice deal on an 07 Shelby GT atm(14 on ground 2 more coming)

Working out orders on 08 Shelby GTs at MSRP(not sure how many, one for certain on order)

We used to see the report for Mustang Market Penetration, and we were 2nd behind Galpin, but this was on the 04 and 05 model year, so I'm not sure of current.

Tim

Not that difficult apparently, just walked into dealer and ordered 2008 coupe to day with following options T82 Prem coupe. G9 Vista blue, K leather BKT, W Dark Charcoal 140A order code 99H 44L 5 speed auto, 18G int upgrade Pkg, 67D Charcoal pannel, 14A active anti thft, 51H HID headlamps, 54U upfitters Pkg, 95M AMB lighting, Shelby Pkg. $1000.00 over invoice $39,200. I am a very happy camper.

BOWTIETR :headspin::headspin::headspin:

Archived