TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Car Transport

G.O. Gomez

Nu.😎 has anyone had problems with transporting car,My shelby gt 350r was picked up on the 6th of Sept and was to be transported in an enclosed carrier but was told have hard time finding carrier to transport to Montana . was informed the trip will be divided from Florida to Illinois them to Montana hope to receive it by the 24 of Sept.Sept.

Thats too bad its taking so long.

I used brokers for 3 cross country hauls, and all without issue. 

My last transport was from Naples Florida to San Jose, and it only took them 4 days, (and they had multiple deliveries along the way, our car was last to be off loaded)

Did your contract give a timeline? 

I'd get on the phone and start raising hell. 

I agree with Cali. I've used brokers as well and as long as you set up everything and get it in writing ahead of the move you should be okay. I also got the name and number of the independent who was contracting for the trip and spoke directly to them before and during the trip. Everything went smoothly.

I have used ONE broker for MANY MANY shipments. I’ve turned him on to several TS members and many friends outside of TS. He is thoughtful of “my” cars and gets that I’m fussy. He sees to it that I, and anyone I send him, gets a top notch trucking co. I’ve had only one real issue with one of his “hook-ups”.

My Stingray was being shipped from NJ. to my place in Sandee Eggo and the truck was involved in an accident that the woman ran a stop sign and was right up in front of him. No time to hit the brakes. The pass side of her little Hyundai was plowed.....she passed at the scene. That was a terrible situation of course, and NOT the drivers fault by any means. But my (brand new at the time) Stingray suffered $500 damage. The trucking co. paid for it all straight away. 

Shipping a car is a tricky thing, that generally comes with some lost sleep. Even after shipping probably 20 cars in my lifetime, it happens each and every time. It’s been tougher after the Stingray incident. But hey....that’s why we have insurance. And for that matter, why the carriers have it too. 

Like Tom says........ “Motor On!” 

• 3 months later...

hope everyone is fine, I am Mathew new member of this forum I am happy to join you guys,
I was searching for the best auto transport service provider in Baltimore, some of company are fame but its expensive but I searching for the reliable which I can afford it, I have search auto transport name "All state to state auto transport company" which I can afford but looking for any other to compare the prices

It's hard to understand what you're looking for.  If you are looking for a covered carrier for a long distance move then Reliable and InterCity are the best and will cost you roughly $1/mile.    I've used both and consider them of equal quality and service.

Both Reliable and InterCity will give you an on-line quote.

Your info lists you as being in Canada and I don't believe either will go across the border... 

Edited by twobjshelbys