TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Dash Pod

SHLBY2008

I have seen several Shelby GTs with the dash pod option and needless to say, I love what it adds to the car and the dash.  Reminds me of my dad’s rally pack he had on his 66GT.  I would like to ask the group if this was an option from Shelby itself or an aftermarket purchase.  There is one for sale on eBay right now for $950.00 is that steep?  Would it work on my 2008 GT? The three gauges read fuel, oil and boost.  Concerned about the boost gauge, was this for a supercharger only?  Yes the gauges seem legit, having the Carroll Shelby sig in red.  Your input is much appreciated as I learn a little each time I post here.  Thank you, Mike

That seems kind of expensive. You need to add $120 bucks for the oil pressure adaptor and if you have a whipple with the factory fuel rails you will need the fuel rail pressure adapter that is another $200. I do like the look of the gauges and think all Shelby GT's should have come with it not just the GT/SC's. 

Mark

Like other items such as a rear spoiler, it was however available as pre-ship modshop order.  But you needed to work it out with your dealer and SAI to buy your car first.  I have the old menu of additional options and prices somewhere. It’s here too...someplace! 🤷🏻‍♂️

56 minutes ago, noac said:

I believe the gauge pod came on the 07 SGT California Editions.

correct, the hero card shows them.

If the gauge pods are no longer available from SAI, there are several aftermarket manufacturers that still sell  the gauge pods and gauges just google 2007 or 20008 Mustang Gauge pods.

I bought them and installed them myself at home following the directions inside.  Mine is a Non supercharged car so mine has the oil temp gauge instead of the boost gauge.. I just liked the look and I also think they should have been stock but I know shelby was trying to keep the price down at the time...

10 hours ago, AKSHELBY said:

I bought them and installed them myself at home following the directions inside.  Mine is a Non supercharged car so mine has the oil temp gauge instead of the boost gauge.. I just liked the look and I also think they should have been stock but I know shelby was trying to keep the price down at the time...

Was there any drilling of the dash involved?

17 hours ago, SHLBY2008 said:

This is all great information.  I can’t believe Shelby still has the gauges.  So I know this is probably personal but what is the general feeling if I add them to my 2008gt.  Could the 08 ever have the possibility of having them?

The 2008 SGT would only have the gauge pod as an after delivery installation. As part of the GT/SC package, as a mod-shop add-on, as a dealer installed accessory or as an owner modification, all these scenarios would be after the car was "delivered" to the first retail buyer of the SGT.

If you like the look, go ahead and add the pod. Its your car and I can't believe you would receive any negative comments for doing so.

Steven

• 3 weeks later...