TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dyno Results

rpretzel

OK, I'll be the first...

Evolution Stage 1 (JLT CAI & SCT Tune)

Bassani Axle-backs

507 rwhp

487 rwtq

Thanks for sharing, I've been wondering how the Stage 1 would perform at elevation.. I live at approx 5000' but depending on which way I travel the elevation can range from 4500 to 7000. What octane fuel are you using?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not many posts from me yet, but I just added the Stage 1 Evo with tune. I sent an email to Fred about the results, as I'm a little puzzled. I haven't heard back yet, but based on what I've read about Evo, I'm sure he'll reply. In the meantime (my dyno scan's a bit tool large to download, but I'll try again later):

Stock: 425 HP / 423 torque (DynoPack)

CAI only: 448 HP (5500 rpm) / 447 torque

after tune download: both HP and torque back to stock numbers.

Actually, at 5500 rpm, I was 10 HP less than stock on last run, after cooling. We bumped max rpm to 5900 for that run, where it reached 448 HP again.

Temp = 53F

Humidity 85% (not normal for Calgary, usually very dry)

Dew Pt. 50F

Air pressure 30.1 in. Hg

Calgary's altitude is 3400 feet. I asked fred about this last week, and he thought the 91 octane tune would be okay without correction. I expected lower HP numbers because of the altitude, so the initial 425 was a nice suprise. The CAI was a nice bump, and the post-tune is a mystery to me.

I don't have AFR numbers, as the the mechanic wasn't sure where to install a bung, and because I told him we'd just download the custom tune without modifying it.

Anyone have an experience like this? Thanks for any help. :banghead:

BTW, it's a black 'vert, tungsten stripes, no other mods. I have some good pictures in the snow that I can post...

Here's the DynoPack graphs, uncorrected. He input the wrong year for you guys with sharp eyes, it's a 2007. And I didn't know, but the torque scale gets divided by the 3.33 ratio to give ft-lbs, so max after CAI is about 447.

Red = stock

Green = CAI only

Blue + purple = post-tune runs.

post-9604-1187990281_thumb.jpg

Here's the DynoPack graphs, uncorrected. He input the wrong year for you guys with sharp eyes, it's a 2007. And I didn't know, but the torque scale gets divided by the 3.33 ratio to give ft-lbs, so max after CAI is about 447.

Red = stock

Green = CAI only

Blue + purple = post-tune runs.

You can't run a CAI without a tune!

Go to a shop where they know how to check A/F ratios. Then they can diagnose the issue.

Yes, I will have to do that. In the meantime, can the X-calibrator 2 data logging feature be used to read the A/F ratios, and then make adjustments? It must be downloading info to make these adjustments with the custom tune. At least then I'd know if the AFR that's in there now is possibly damaging my engine. Isn't that one of the features of this tool? I haven't used one before.

I'm still curious as to why the numbers went back to stock, after the custom tune download. If it was because the dyno was run after only the CAI install, did I damage something? If everything was still okay, the AFR should have been adjusted by the tune. No?

Yes, I will have to do that. In the meantime, can the X-calibrator 2 data logging feature be used to read the A/F ratios, and then make adjustments? It must be downloading info to make these adjustments with the custom tune. At least then I'd know if the AFR that's in there now is possibly damaging my engine. Isn't that one of the features of this tool? I haven't used one before.

I'm still curious as to why the numbers went back to stock, after the custom tune download. If it was because the dyno was run after only the CAI install, did I damage something? If everything was still okay, the AFR should have been adjusted by the tune. No?

I don't have one of the tools, we'll let others answer.

Dave

The X-cal2 can datalog, but you still have to install a wideband O2 sensor and controller, then wire the output of the wideband to the analog input of the X2. There are some small adjustments that can be made on the X2 itself, but anything major needs to be done by a tuner (person).

I would also get the car on a dynojet.

The X-cal2 can datalog, but you still have to install a wideband O2 sensor and controller, then wire the output of the wideband to the analog input of the X2. There are some small adjustments that can be made on the X2 itself, but anything major needs to be done by a tuner (person).

I would also get the car on a dynojet.

Thanks Justin. It's scheduled at another shop, with a DynoJet, but not until Sep. 11th. Everyone's so busy around here... :waiting:

• 2 months later...

Archived