TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hello from the wheat fields of Kansas!

JHawk

New here. Bought a 2013 GT500 with 11,182 miles on her. All stock except for lowering springs and Michelin tires.I have lots to learn about these cars. i have owned 4 other Mustangs : '67 convertible, '86 GT, '89 GT and a 2007 Mustang GT. But this is at a different level...

team shelby pic.jpg

Welcome from Alaska. You’re going to enjoy your car a lot. Take your time learning how it handles under different circumstances. With all that horsepower and torque, things can happen in a hurry. After five years mine still surprises me at times.

32 minutes ago, deeperyet said:

Welcome from Alaska. You’re going to enjoy your car a lot. Take your time learning how it handles under different circumstances. With all that horsepower and torque, things can happen in a hurry. After five years mine still surprises me at times.

One thing I know... at this point I will be respectful of its capabilities. My wife and my insurance company are OK with me owning one as long as I act my age... 60. 🙁

10 hours ago, JHawk said:

One thing I know... at this point I will be respectful of its capabilities. My wife and my insurance company are OK with me owning one as long as I act my age... 60. 🙁

I am not sure what you mean about "acting your age".  If it means driving 20 miles below the speed limit in the passing lane and always forgetting to turn off your turn signal, this is not the car for you.  But if you like to drive like Carroll Shelby, Bob Bondurant, Steve Saleen and a bunch of other rebel drivers did when they were 60, then have a blast.  60? That was a dozen years ago for me and I still know what the right pedal is for on a Shelby.😎

On 8/22/2019 at 5:17 AM, JHawk said:

New here. Bought a 2013 GT500 with 11,182 miles on her. All stock except for lowering springs and Michelin tires.I have lots to learn about these cars. i have owned 4 other Mustangs : '67 convertible, '86 GT, '89 GT and a 2007 Mustang GT. But this is at a different level...

Yes 662hp is certainly a different level compared to your previous Mustang's so be sure to respect the power it is capable of delivering. If the car still has the OEM tires you should consider replacing them due to their age.

Enjoy your new to you GT500 and hope to see more posts from you on Team Shelby.

Steven