TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Win a 2020 GT500- Special One off "Venom Edition"....(Venom Paint Color)

mhr1961

Ran across this ad today. Ford is raffling off a special "Venom" Edition 2020 GT500. They are hoping to sell 75,000 Raffle tickets at $10.00 each to raise $750,000 for their Juvenile Diabetes Foundation. Drawing date is November 14, 2019.

Link to site to buy tickets.....

https://p2p.onecause.com/jdrfgt500

Edited by mhr1961

Their website leaves a lot to desire. Says the grand prize is a one of one 2020 GT500 but doesn't say what makes it a one of one car. Also don't see them refer to it as a "Venom Edition", did you see that name somewhere else?

Also would be nice to know if the car has already been built or when it will be built. The website says the drawing will take place November 14th so does that mean the cars already built or will the winner be getting a place in line to place an order with the options they choose?

Great car, good charity but the promotional part is lacking.

1 hour ago, SAI-Steven said:

Their website leaves a lot to desire. Says the grand prize is a one of one 2020 GT500 but doesn't say what makes it a one of one car. Also don't see them refer to it as a "Venom Edition", did you see that name somewhere else?

Also would be nice to know if the car has already been built or when it will be built. The website says the drawing will take place November 14th so does that mean the cars already built or will the winner be getting a place in line to place an order with the options they choose?

Great car, good charity but the promotional part is lacking.

Evidently Ford counsulted with Penske on it. Here is the link about the "Venom",  and what may be special about it.

https://www.fordnxt.com/news/you-could-win-a-unique-venom-2020-shelby-gt500-for-just-10/

Edited by mhr1961

2 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

Evidently Ford counsulted with Penske on it. Here is the link about the "Venom",  and what may be special about it.

https://www.fordnxt.com/news/you-could-win-a-unique-venom-2020-shelby-gt500-for-just-10/

As far as I know it is a one of one build colour only for the raffle. The 1st and last colurs are JDRF Unique.

colors.jpg

18 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

15 hours ago, NZ Shelby KR said:

As far as I know it is a one of one build colour only for the raffle. The 1st and last colurs are JDRF Unique.

That helps some, so if I'm understanding it correctly the paint color is called "Venom" but not the car. The reason I'm curious about the "Venom" name is because didn't Chrysler or Hennessy produce a run of Dodge Vipers called the Venom? Wouldn't Chrysler or Hennessy have trademarked the Venom name for cars?

It would be like Saleen building a "Saleen GTH" or Roush building a "Roush Super Snake", can' do that.

Steven

On 8/21/2019 at 10:11 AM, SAI-Steven said:

That helps some, so if I'm understanding it correctly the paint color is called "Venom" but not the car. The reason I'm curious about the "Venom" name is because didn't Chrysler or Hennessy produce a run of Dodge Vipers called the Venom? Wouldn't Chrysler or Hennessy have trademarked the Venom name for cars?

It would be like Saleen building a "Saleen GTH" or Roush building a "Roush Super Snake", can' do that.

Steven

I guess it just boils down to semantics to build hype. The JDRF has an ad that is titled in big letters that reads. 

2020 Venom Mustang Shelby® GT500®

A few other websites are calling it a Venom GT500.

It seems it would be more correct to say it is a Ford Shelby GT500 painted a special color called Venom but that probably doesn't grab "clicks" on the internet as effectively.

When you read down further in the ads, it is apparently a just a GT500 with a one off paint color called “Venom”. Other than that it appears to be nothing more than a GT500 with track pack, rear seat delete, and recaros. It is kind of odd that they mention it was developed with Protean and Penske. I mean geez, if its just a paint scheme, it ain’t that hard to mix a can of paint. Maybe more will come out about it, but I couldn’t find anything else at this point. I was wondering if maybe Penske had done some suspension tuning/reprogramming because if I recall, hasn’t SAI also done some recent work with Penske in regard to refining and tuning suspension on the Supersnakes? Either way, since it’s a Shelby licensed product it would have been nice if they had come to SAI instead of Penske for “consultation and development”. After all it is a Shelby licensed product and it might have been some good combined PR for Ford and Shelby. Nothing against Penske, I like his work and contributions to racing but I hope this isn’t some prelude to us seeing 2020 Shelby GT500 “Penske Editions”.

In regard to Hennessey, I think their Mustang line up is called HP or HPE, they do have a “Venom GT” supercar but I think that is trademarked as “Venom GT”. Not sure about the Dodge Viper Venom and didn’t really have the inclination to go search though the USPTO.

Anyhoo, The 2020 Venom Shelby GT500 is a nice looking car and I hope it raises a bunch of money for Juvenile Diabetes…….and I hope I win the raffle.

Edited by mhr1961

20 hours ago, 89Saleen215 said:

I also couldn't find anywhere where it designated JDRF as a profit or non-profit organization.

JDRF is a charitable organization with tax-exempt status granted under Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code. All chapters and branches are covered under this umbrella. Donations to JDRF are tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by law.

additional info at:      https://www.jdrf.org/

• mhr1961 changed the title to Win a 2020 GT500- Special One off "Venom Edition"....(Venom Paint Color)
  • 2 months later...

Update: The Ford JDRF WIn a 2020 GT500 Raflle is over, drawing results from the Ford JDRF Raffle website

RAFFLE LICENSE # R52124
THANK YOU ALL FOR PARTICIPATING IN THE GT500 RAFFLE! OVER $708,000 WAS RAISED FOR JDRF! 
THE RESULTS ARE AS FOLLOWED:
1st Place, GT500: Ron S. Ticket #266, purchased at Barrett-Jackson West Palm Beach
2nd Place, Daytona NASCAR Trip: Leila H., purchased via online website

Congrats to the winners.