TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Are the new owners of a 2019 GT350 welcome here?

Yes, 2019 gt350's are welcome. Go ahead and post in the gt350 section, hopefully SAI/TS will update the forum  soon to include 2019. Welcome to TS and if you have a gt350 post some pics. 

17 hours ago, Vintage Racer said:

Just asking? The Ford Shelby GT350 just go to 2018.

Simple answer is of course they are and the 2020 GT350 coming out soon will also be welcome.

The Team Shelby Forums, along with all the other Shelby owned websites, are being overhauled as we speak so attention is currently focused on creating the new websites but if brought to our attention we certainly will adjust the current website when needed.

Steven

20 hours ago, Vintage Racer said:

That is good to know. I have a 2019 GT350 that wasn't shown, and the 2020 GT500 isn't shown. The paperwork and owner's package is saying to go here to be a member. Currently, you can't find them listed.

The 2020 GT500 forums have been here on Team Shelby since Ford's announcement back in January.

The 2019 & 2020 GT350 cars were added to the previous 2015-18 GT350 forums within 24 hours of being brought to our attention. Please take another look and you will see the GT350 forums were updated Tuesday morning.

Steven

• 1 month later...
On 8/14/2019 at 2:45 PM, Vintage Racer said:

That is good to know. I have a 2019 GT350 that wasn't shown, and the 2020 GT500 isn't shown. The paperwork and owner's package is saying to go here to be a member. Currently, you can't find them listed.

Welcome,  :)  Let me know if you need help with that membership

Edited by svttim

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, SamK said:

I’m curious which letter Shelby skipped. If 17s were H my 2019 is K2600. So did they skip the I or the J? 

No clue. I am Ki868.

I am not allowed to post pictures since the size is too much for this site.

On 10/15/2019 at 2:51 PM, SamK said:

I’m curious which letter Shelby skipped. If 17s were H my 2019 is K2600. So did they skip the I or the J? 

In the automobile industry the letter ' i ' is usually skipped as it can be mistaken for the number 1. Same way the letter ' o ' is skipped as it can be mistaken for the number ' 0 '

And so there is no confusion, Ford manufactures the 2015-2020 GT350 so it would be Ford and not Shelby who "skipped" the letter.

Steven

10 hours ago, Vintage Racer said:

No clue. I am Ki868.

I am not allowed to post pictures since the size is too much for this site.

You are certainly allowed to post photos, you just have to resize them first.

Hopefully the new forum website, coming soon, will automatically resize photos as that was one of the items that was to be addressed.

Steven

2 hours ago, SAI-Steven said:

In the automobile industry the letter ' i ' is usually skipped as it can be mistaken for the number 1. Same way the letter ' o ' is skipped as it can be mistaken for the number ' 0 '

And so there is no confusion, Ford manufactures the 2012-2020 GT350 so it would be Ford and not Shelby who "skipped" the letter.

Steven

Yep, "i" and "o" are omitted from many part numbering schemes, especially computer industry. DEC dropped i, o and q.    It's odd though that in Nevada, we dropped "0" (zero) so you get "o". 

Edited by twobjshelbys

1 hour ago, Secondo said:

2012-2014's were manufactured by Ford? Typo? :headscratch:

Yup, fat finger hit the key below the 5 key. Above post has been corrected.

So to recap for anyone finding this thread years from now:

• 1965-67 GT350's were built by SAI
  • 1968-70 GT350's were built by Ford
  • 1984 GT350 built by Ford
  • 2011-2014 GT350's built by SAI
  • 2015-2020 GT350's built by Ford

And yes I intentionally left out all the Licensee GT350 recreations from 1980 to present.

Steven