TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Black With Alloy Stripes

JRGT500

Here are some pics of a Black '08 cvt. with Alloy side stripes. Obviously, they would be darker than the Tungsten on '07's, but they're more low key than I imagined. Reminds me of the stripe on Black 2007 California Specials. They don't jump off the car enough for me. Glad I got the '07 with Tungsten. Anybody have pics of an 08 coupe in this combo? Opinions?

JR

http://ebay.carad.com/viewItem/viewAllPhot...amp;template=48

Ok, so I might be somewhat bias to this, but this is almost the exact car I ordered, minus the ugly red inserts and the sat radio. Bottom line, I wanted a vert, picked black because I like the flow with the black top and interior, and i sort of like the alloy stripe better "just" because it matches the bottom guards on the car. Meaning all the colors flow, nothing to break it up, or add additional colors. I sort of like the car on the whole without the stripes, coup or vert, so the fact that this stripe in alloy is subtle, I can appreciate that. It says what it needs to, yet does not distract from the shape and style of the car. I know, everyone has an opinion, thus this one is mine.

PS. I did like the Tungsten as well.

Ok, so I might be somewhat bias to this, but this is almost the exact car I ordered, minus the ugly red inserts and the sat radio. Bottom line, I wanted a vert, picked black because I like the flow with the black top and interior, and i sort of like the alloy stripe better "just" because it matches the bottom guards on the car. Meaning all the colors flow, nothing to break it up, or add additional colors. I sort of like the car on the whole without the stripes, coup or vert, so the fact that this stripe in alloy is subtle, I can appreciate that. It says what it needs to, yet does not distract from the shape and style of the car. I know, everyone has an opinion, thus this one is mine.

PS. I did like the Tungsten as well.

This is the exact car that I ordered (minus about $13,000 adm) and I lOVE it. I was on the fence about deleting the stripe altogether but decided to leave it knowing I could take it off if I didn't like it. The fact that it is darker and almost blends into the black is perfect for me. Just my opinion but then I also love the "ugly red inserts" and will enjoy my sat radio. So what do I know?

This is the exact car that I ordered (minus about $13,000 adm) and I lOVE it. I was on the fence about deleting the stripe altogether but decided to leave it knowing I could take it off if I didn't like it. The fact that it is darker and almost blends into the black is perfect for me. Just my opinion but then I also love the "ugly red inserts" and will enjoy my sat radio. So what do I know?

I agree 100%. I originally ordered the stripe delete and then changed to the alloy stripes after seeing the vert on ebay. I am still on the fence about the the crimson interior. I did go sat radio and no shaker 1000. Just don't post any picks of your car with crimson interior and I won't have any regrets for not ordering it.

Sorry, no disrespect about the red inserts!! :finger: I like them on certain cars and colors but think it looks best accenting the red cars. I am all about lines and curves and like the looks of this car and tried to keep color distractions down. I do think the red inserts do look good on some cars however. As for the sat radio, again, did not care for the hump on the trunk, nor do I ever think I will need to pay for more music than what the radio offers or my CD collection. Those two options and NAV are all I left out, and again, all personal choices.

We agree though on the stripes in Alloy as again, the subtle nature is what draws you, the car is what captures you! I love the look and can't wait to get it. I also agree, I would have gone without stripes on a coup if I went that way. To many stripes on to many models and to be honest, the GT500 look is the getter in my book. No knock to anyone with stripes, heaven forbid, as I like all the cars... this is just MHO.

Sorry, no disrespect about the red inserts!! :finger: I like them on certain cars and colors but think it looks best accenting the red cars. I am all about lines and curves and like the looks of this car and tried to keep color distractions down. I do think the red inserts do look good on some cars however. As for the sat radio, again, did not care for the hump on the trunk, nor do I ever think I will need to pay for more music than what the radio offers or my CD collection. Those two options and NAV are all I left out, and again, all personal choices.

We agree though on the stripes in Alloy as again, the subtle nature is what draws you, the car is what captures you! I love the look and can't wait to get it. I also agree, I would have gone without stripes on a coup if I went that way. To many stripes on to many models and to be honest, the GT500 look is the getter in my book. No knock to anyone with stripes, heaven forbid, as I like all the cars... this is just MHO.

Oh no, too late for retraction. :stop: You disrespected me and everyone else who had the onions to go with the crimson interior. :rant: You are officially out of the 08 vert club. Please destroy any previous correspondance verifying your affiliation with our organization. The black convertibles in particular were made for the crimson interior. You don't even notice it with the top up, but when it's down it really pops. You have excellent taste in cars Dan, but your accessorizing is in question. I won't disrespect your choices though, that's not what we do here in the 08 vert club. Us vert guys are supposed to stick together Dan, I am very dissapointed in you. :cry:

Oh no, too late for retraction. :stop: You disrespected me and everyone else who had the onions to go with the crimson interior. :rant: You are officially out of the 08 vert club. Please destroy any previous correspondance verifying your affiliation with our organization. The black convertibles in particular were made for the crimson interior. You don't even notice it with the top up, but when it's down it really pops. You have excellent taste in cars Dan, but your accessorizing is in question. I won't disrespect your choices though, that's not what we do here in the 08 vert club. Us vert guys are supposed to stick together Dan, I am very dissapointed in you. :cry:

:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2: You had me going there! :finger: I was on the phone with Grabber trying to hunt down my car and was distracted by this. Ok, so I really need to retract that last comment. :redcard: Yes the red inserts DO look good, and perhaps I was hasty in my return comments.... What can I say, I am not a flashy guy! :dreamy: I am on my fifth Expedition, most of which were black, or like my latest gray! I used to have a Red with Black stripe 69 Stang Vert... that red insert would have looked great instead of that all black interior, does that count? :happy feet: So there you have it, it is all about my lack of proper accessorizing then. :banghead: Good thing I am not a chick or none of my shoes or purses would match! :hysterical2::hysterical2:

:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2: You had me going there! :finger: I was on the phone with Grabber trying to hunt down my car and was distracted by this. Ok, so I really need to retract that last comment. :redcard: Yes the red inserts DO look good, and perhaps I was hasty in my return comments.... What can I say, I am not a flashy guy! :dreamy: I am on my fifth Expedition, most of which were black, or like my latest gray! I used to have a Red with Black stripe 69 Stang Vert... that red insert would have looked great instead of that all black interior, does that count? :happy feet: So there you have it, it is all about my lack of proper accessorizing then. :banghead: Good thing I am not a chick or none of my shoes or purses would match! :hysterical2::hysterical2:

You have to be careful about these things Dan. Once those keys are pressed you can't take it back! Us guys in the club are a forgiving bunch though, so I'm sure we can mend the fences. I'm glad you are starting to appreciate the beauty that is "crimson interior", and have come to terms with your shortcomings in accessorization. Oh yeah, I'm glad I cracked you up too. :shift:

I ordered a 08 black with alloy stripes on a coupe. I was concerned about the change from tungston. Remember you are looking at a small stripe on the vert. I went and looked at a alloy mustang at the dealers and I can tell you it has a lot of metal flake in it. IT looks very nice in the sun and I think will see more difference on the coupe with a larger stripe and in the sun. IT is a more subdued look and that is what I am looking for. I did not order the red interior I think it looks good on the red car but thats it.

JJ

I ordered a 08 black with alloy stripes on a coupe. I was concerned about the change from tungston. Remember you are looking at a small stripe on the vert. I went and looked at a alloy mustang at the dealers and I can tell you it has a lot of metal flake in it. IT looks very nice in the sun and I think will see more difference on the coupe with a larger stripe and in the sun. IT is a more subdued look and that is what I am looking for. I did not order the red interior I think it looks good on the red car but thats it.

JJ

I will let you know my Black with Alloy coupe has a serial number and schedule date of 08/06!!!

Bought at MSRP to boot so I really could care less EVEN if it's PINK!!! :happy feet:

Ok like 3 or 4 of you have ordered cars at MSRP, what's the secret?

I have been buying new Fords from my small town dealer for 30 years. I have been a good customer and he returns the loyality.

This is rare in a large fish tank filled with Carp. :censored:

Hey 2006GT500 No secret I got my car at MSRP and it was a bitch i spend days on the phone and day's Emailing over 1000 dealer in us till i found one and he is 930 mile from me it can be dun you just got to take time and i can bet i can at least one more dealer at Msrp again if i had to there out there it just take a little work The Word WORK to me is saveing (10K) if you no what i Mean

Well if anyone stumbles upon a black with tungsten '07 at MSRP, I'm looking to ditch the 2006 and step up to a Shelby.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to happen. 2007 is the end of black/tungsten. I've heard of a couple of people who planned to get '08's, but are not happy that tungsten stripes are history and now are looking for 07's.

JR

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to happen. 2007 is the end of black/tungsten. I've heard of a couple of people who planned to get '08's, but are not happy that tungsten stripes are history and now are looking for 07's.

JR

That seems stupid! You can remove and replace a small stripe very cheap. More so for a vert.

I'm not holding my breath for anything when it comes to a Shelby. With the amount of people I've started to see getting them at sticker, I'm determined to buy one at sticker and the color and options I want. If I can't get those things, I won't get one. Besides I've already built a Shelby-esque car myself and it currently has more horsepower than a stock Shelby, only problem is, it will never say Shelby or have the Snakes on the side of it.

I am thinking the Alloy stripes would look awesome on Grabber Orange. Not quite as bold as Black and darker than Tungsten. Is that combo available on the '08?

Nope. GO is only avail in 08 with the white or black stripes.

I'm not holding my breath for anything when it comes to a Shelby. With the amount of people I've started to see getting them at sticker, I'm determined to buy one at sticker and the color and options I want. If I can't get those things, I won't get one. Besides I've already built a Shelby-esque car myself and it currently has more horsepower than a stock Shelby, only problem is, it will never say Shelby or have the Snakes on the side of it.

Glad you are not holding your breath. You should shoot for one or the other. Other than that, luck! I think you can find a MSRP deal, but you may have to settle on some stuff. That was the original issue I had.

Archived