TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT w/CS Fascia

69dejavue

I am looking at a Shelby GT at a local dealership and something just did not look the same as the poster photos. The Shelby is a white w/ silver stripes but has the CS fascia. Does anyone else have this and what are your thoughts on the appearance and possible resale someday. Is this an option or has Shelby decided to make all their GTs with the CS fascia?

Thank you

69dejavue

.... I am not sure if you are talking about the front or the rear. On the production vehicle they were both different then the preproduction cars. Yes the front and rear fascias on the production cars are the same as the California Special. All of the Shelby GTs come that way it is not an option. The preproduction cars had the leading edge painted, they are not painted on the prodution cars. The preproduction cars had the regular GT rear fascia. The production cars some with the CA Special.

.... I am not sure if you are talking about the front or the rear. On the production vehicle they were both different then the preproduction cars. Yes the front and rear fascias on the production cars are the same as the California Special. All of the Shelby GTs come that way it is not an option. The preproduction cars had the leading edge painted, they are not painted on the prodution cars. The preproduction cars had the regular GT rear fascia. The production cars some with the CA Special.

Thank you. This answers a lot of questions. I was comparing the photos from Motor Trend and others that showed the leading edge painted white. When I looked at the Shelby in the showroom something did not look right. Only after I was home and comparing other notes, photos, brochures, etc I realized the Shelby GT had the CS front fascia. I now must assume the Motor Trend photos were preproduction as you stated. Again, thank you.

Do you own a GT and how do you feel this vehicle will be as an investment? Or are you just driving it for the fun of it?

I intend to buy a GT. I am looking at the white hardtop or ordering a 2008 convertible. I will drive it little to try and keep the value up. Does additions such as window tinting take away from the collector value? I realize these are not going to appreciate the way the 65-66's did but would still like to make it a collector's piece by keeping it as stock as possible. Your thoughts?

I intend to buy a GT. I am looking at the white hardtop or ordering a 2008 convertible. I will drive it little to try and keep the value up. Does additions such as window tinting take away from the collector value? I realize these are not going to appreciate the way the 65-66's did but would still like to make it a collector's piece by keeping it as stock as possible. Your thoughts?

Are you going to get the Shelby GT or a GT/CS ?

The White looks great!

IceonthGT-CS026.jpg

It would be the Shelby GT. White w/silver stripes. Does mods such as window tinting take away from the collector value in the future?

Any mod that can be un done should not be a problem.

Original condition.....means just that!

Thank you. I look forward to being part of the forum in the near future. I have decided, after all these years and having raised three children, to buy a toy for me. I can buy a 2007 at MSRP or the dealer states he will order a 2008 convertible at MSRP. I have heard the Shelby GT can be loud while driving, especially long distances. Sort of a droning sound. Do you have any recommendation hardtop v convertible? I will be moving to AZ so rain will not be an issue. Obviously you dont want to drive with the top down at 110 degrees but the rest of the year is nice and the evenings are nice. Obviously the 2008 may have more collector resale due to limited production. Do we know if there will be a 2009 Shelby series yet? Thank you

JS

....There hasn't even been speculation about 2009 yet.

The 2008 Shelby GT is a Ford Job 1 project (first half of model year). I would SPECULATE that we will see a Job 2 project of a differnet color. However, I have no knowledge, insight, or intelligence to support my SPECULATION

I didn't realize Ford and Shelby played such semantics with words. I assumed when they said there would only be 2100 GTs in 2008 that was for the whole year, not the first half of the year. I had considered a 2008 thinking the more limited number would be more collectible. I have a dealer that will go MSRP on a 2008 convertible. But that would be about 11K more than the 2007 coupe so I have to weigh the fiscal issues.

Archived