TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500KR Dust Cover Suggestions

What is everyone using for an indoor dust-cover type car cover on their GT500KRs?  Periodically, I see factory OEM GT500 covers posted for sale, but I am looking for any feedback regarding their:

1.  Breath-ability

2. Softness

I am assuming the base GT500 is more or less dimensionally the same as my KR.  It would be nice to find something specific to the 2008-2009 GT500KR with the Cobra snake on it, but I am more concerned about function over form.

Thanks in advance,

Harold

8 hours ago, Harold Jones said:

What is everyone using for an indoor dust-cover type car cover on their GT500KRs?  Periodically, I see factory OEM GT500 covers posted for sale, but I am looking for any feedback regarding their:

1.  Breath-ability

2. Softness

I am assuming the base GT500 is more or less dimensionally the same as my KR.  It would be nice to find something specific to the 2008-2009 GT500KR with the Cobra snake on it, but I am more concerned about function over form.

Thanks in advance,

Harold

https://www.coverking.com/vehicle-covers/custom-car-covers/indoor-satin-stretch-car-cover-for-2008-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500kr.html

The original, factory covers work fine. Soft enough not to scratch and breathe just fine for an indoor dust cover. Still have mine on the car since new (got dealer to throw it in). It is a little slick though, making it tough to put on a freshly waxed car without sliding off. ^_^

0FD207F2-FF0A-48D6-AFFC-B665A7ECEC4F.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...