TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Order Still On "Temp Delay"; What Gives?!

I just got back from my dealership and was very disappointed to find out that my order still has "Temp Delay" under status. I did notice, however, that "status date" was 04/21. Does anyone know whether this date simply indicates the last time it was updated, or will it only changes once the status of the car has changed? So, could it be that the status has changed but it's simply not reflected on the report yet? My dealer has been pretty cool about the whole thing, but they can't figure out why the delay is still there.

:rant:

I just got back from my dealership and was very disappointed to find out that my order still has "Temp Delay" under status. I did notice, however, that "status date" was 04/21. Does anyone know whether this date simply indicates the last time it was updated, or will it only changes once the status of the car has changed? So, could it be that the status has changed but it's simply not reflected on the report yet? My dealer has been pretty cool about the whole thing, but they can't figure out why the delay is still there.

:rant:

They cant place an order yet so nothing should change.

There are already lots of orders in the bank and some have already been assigned vin numbers. Just because some dealers have told you they can't order yet does not make it true. Five Oh B has one ordered for a customer that already has a full vin number. Mine might have a vin by now but I'm not sure. I'll probably call monday. I have no doubt that I have an order in though and it will get built.

Check this thread:

GT500 Orders "Delayed"

In at least one of Five Oh B's posts there he said that once the ordered was pulled it would go to "Temp Delay". The next step is "Submitted to Plant". After that, you only have to wait for the build date (I think).

Sounds like you are well on your way!

They cant place an order yet so nothing should change.

Sure we can order GT500's. We have 5 orders in, one with a full VIN # that has been submitted to the plant to build soon (Job #1 is still supposed to be June 6th from what we hear, so our 1st GT500 is likely going to be a very early car).

I'm not 100% sure what the "temporary delay" status is. It's on a bunch of our 2007 Mustang orders - not just GT500's. However, Ford has pulled almost 20 of our 2007 Mustang orders (including the 1 GT500) and many jumped from "temp delay" to "submitted to plant" recently.

Fordgeek - the status date shows the last date a status event changed. As soon as your order status changes to "unscheduled/clean" or "submitted to plant" the date will change again.

Archived