TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Confusion about exhaust part #

tko

One of the mufflers on my 2008 Shelby GT started to make an awful buzzing / vibrating sound and the shop told me there is a loose baffle.    The local Ford dealership ordered me a new M-5230-S kit but when it arrived they said it doesn't fit - the passenger side had an extremely long mounting arm.   Am I missing something here?   Is that not the kit that came with these cars from the "factory" in Las Vegas?  Do I need a different part number?

I ended up ordering a Duramax Ultraflow but they are pretty quiet :(   Anyone else use these?

I had the same broken hanger problem on my 2007 SGT, passenger side. The muffler hit the ground. The car was still under warranty but the dealership still needed to contact SA to verify the car and get the new muffler from them since it was an SA modification. A few years later one of the hangers on the drivers side broke causing the muffler to rattle. I just took it to a muffler shop and had them re-weld it in place.

Thanks - it was the driver's side in my case making the noise.     

Question - are these mufflers from Shelby round or oval?  My car has oval mufflers on it (I bought it second hand) and I do not know if they are the stock ones or not.

Thanks cobradad....do you know if it was the M-5230-S or was it the M-5230-GTA that were stock?    I am trying to source a new set as close as possible to what was originally on the car.

9 minutes ago, tko said:

Thanks cobradad....do you know if it was the M-5230-S or was it the M-5230-GTA that were stock?    I am trying to source a new set as close as possible to what was originally on the car.

M-5230-GTA were installed by Shelby American.

Last question - is there a close match to the sound of these?    As I mentioned I had some Dynomax Ultraflows installed but they are very quiet and have none of the Shelby snarl sound I am looking for.