TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New owner questions

AttilioGT

Hi, AtillioGT, first off, congrats on the new purchase and welcome to the forum. The Airbag bulge is common I assume. I purchased my ‘07 new and although not as pronounced, it has the same bulge. As to the passenger door handle, I plead ignorance. I took my iPad to the garage and looked at the inside door handle as well as the outside and I can’t figure out what I’m looking at. I’m sure someone else will chime in but without another picture...I’m at a loss. Good luck and enjoy the Shelby.

Hey Thanks for the friendly welcome. Appreciate the info. took two more door handle photos to get a better idea. One the handle is flush the other the handle is not seated back to normal. Not a big deal just wondering if I am the only one. Could be used care paranoia that the door was replaced. Partly because the inside liner on the driver door is pealing like many on here, but passenger side looks perfect.

thanks

door 2.jpg

door 3.jpg

Welcome and congrats on the SGT!   Looks like a bent hinge inside the door handle. Someone with beer muscles must have though the door was heavy and had to flex their way in once upon a time.  If your suffering boredom one evening you can replace it.

Edited by mfield2a