TEAM SHELBY FORUM

When they won the FIA GT Championship 1965

Tvrpaul

Back in 1965 I was almost 17 and I was in Europe.  I bought this American News Paper and in the sports section they had a picture of the Daytona Coupe with a small story under it about Shelby winning the GT Championship. It took until August 19, 1965 for a story to make the paper,  I kept that page all these years. In the early 2000 Carrol Shelby was at the Atlantic City car show,  while there I got him to Autograph it, we talked for a while as he was he was really suprised to see something that old, His parting words to me was "Maybe we should go back there again"  I also bought back then there Sebring poster for there 1964 GT Class win. 

20190526_123647[1].jpg

20190526_123521[1].jpg

Edited by Tvrpaul

Thank you mhr 1961,   funny thing for the poster a real one has folds in it because they sent it in a large Manila Envelope , no tube, LOL if you can zoom into my picture you can see the folds

On 5/26/2019 at 2:00 PM, Tvrpaul said:

Thank you mhr 1961,   funny thing for the poster a real one has folds in it because they sent it in a large Manila Envelope , no tube, LOL if you can zoom into my picture you can see the folds

Up until the early 1980's many posters were mailed folded, this includes movie posters as well. It was less expensive to ship them folded and people had no idea how collectible and valuable some would become.

Edited by mhr1961