TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07-09 Convertible Body Over-the-Top Stripe Option ?

I have seen pictures of some convertibles with top stripes on the bumpers, hood and trunk lid.  Was this available from the factory?

Does anyone have the order guides for these 3 years they could post as downloadable pdfs?

Tom

15 hours ago, tomshep said:

I have seen pictures of some convertibles with top stripes on the bumpers, hood and trunk lid.  Was this available from the factory?

Does anyone have the order guides for these 3 years they could post as downloadable pdfs?

Tom

Yes,  they were available directly from Ford or your local dealer. There are different color stripes with different part numbers..You didn't provide a specific color or year. All you need to do is go to fords parts website and type in your year, make , model and drill down to the color you want. Its straight forward. If you don't find what you want on the Ford Parts site,  then there are several dozen aftermarket suppliers who sell OEM and non OEM stripes.. It is against forum rules to post competitive websites so I won't post them ......or you can call SAI directly and they may be able to supply you or point you in the right direction.

On 5/16/2019 at 10:51 PM, tomshep said:

Tom

Tom,

With enough time you should be able to find the ordering guides with an internet search or two. As mentioned OTT striping were added/deleted depending on how the car was ordered by the dealership. If you call Shelby American about GT500 stripes we would just direct you to your local Ford dealership so perhaps this post saved you a phone call.

As MHR1961 mentioned you can also find Ford part sellers online, many times they are dealerships selling parts under an internet business name.

Steven

• 2 months later...
On 5/17/2019 at 4:42 PM, mhr1961 said:

Yes,  they were available directly from Ford or your local dealer. There are different color stripes with different part numbers..You didn't provide a specific color or year. All you need to do is go to fords parts website and type in your year, make , model and drill down to the color you want. Its straight forward. If you don't find what you want on the Ford Parts site,  then there are several dozen aftermarket suppliers who sell OEM and non OEM stripes.. It is against forum rules to post competitive websites so I won't post them ......or you can call SAI directly and they may be able to supply you or point you in the right direction.

Sorry, I wasn't clear.

I am not talking about a car sent to SAI for conversion.  I am talking about 07-09 convertibles from the factory.  Not dealer-added stripes.  I am wanting to know if convertibles for these years were FACTORY equipped with top stripes.

Tom

I wasn't talking about a car from SAI either, that's why I said go to fords oem parts site and plug in your car. I just went there and they were available from the Ford Factory and we're a $395.00 option you could order for complete over top stripes. You can also order them in pieces for bumper, hood, trunk, etc.

Edited by mhr1961

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 1:51 AM, tomshep said:

Tom

Tom - I put "2008 Mustang Order Guide" in Google and looked at the Ford Source Book pdf.  Dated 10/01/2007 it lists an option of 47A under the 2008 Mustang Convertible options which is described as.......

---------------------------------------------------------------------

2008 MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE

OPTIONAL EQUIPMENTRacing Stripes, "over the top" available in Black,

Racing Stripes, "over the top" available in Black,

White, or Pearl Gold N/A on V6 Pony Package

(convertible), Warriors In Pink Pkg., any V6

Convertibles equipped with Exterior Sport

Appearance Package, GT Appearance Package. Or

Bullitt or Cal Special Packages.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The converts. that qualified for this option were................V6 Convert. Deluxe, V6 Convert. Premium, GT Convert. Deluxe and GT Convert. Premium.

R

Edited by Robert M

I’m fairly certain the only Ford factory top stripes you could get on 2007 - 2009 GT500 convertible came from the optional Red Stripe package.

Thread: 

Here is a 2008 vert with the package

https://www.fordgt500.com/threads/2008-ford-shelby-gt500-black-red-convertible.7486/

Edited by mfield2a