TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SHELBY AMERICAN TO BUILD LIMITED EDITION SUPERCHARGED SHELBY GT-S MUSTANGS FOR SIXT RENT A CAR

ForumAdmin

5 hours ago, SAI-Steven said:

Looks like the mid-week rates are even lower. And with a decent amount of free miles.

Of course like any business, rates are subject to change.

Sixt GTS rate.jpg

Looks like they stick it up you if you are a tourist from overseas. My quote was I think for a 7 days rental and done online outside the US last week.

Edited by NZ Shelby KR

17 hours ago, carnut12 said:

Outstanding Rates in my opinion, I rent cars for work a lot so I typically use free rentals for trips, but if I had a local trip to an area that had these I would pay that for sure.

Speaking of local trips.................

Unlike the previous rental company, Sixt saw no reason to forbid locals from renting the Shelby GT-S. If you recall the previous rental car company would not rent to someone living in the same area as the rental car, you had to show that company a plane ticket before you were approved to rent their Shelby.

So lets see here, supercharged Shelby as a rental..............check.   Lower rental rates....................check.   Local rentals welcome..............check.  Generous free mileage..........check.

And who knows, perhaps SAI/Sixt will have even more favorable news to release at a later date. Maybe towards the end of the cars rental duty?

Steven

On 5/10/2019 at 5:28 PM, twobjshelbys said:

The horsepower of the car might at or near the top for a non-exotic,eg Ferrari or other supercars,  in a standard rental fleet car.   I expect they will get thrashed and more than a few wrecked before they get sold on the retail market. 

I concur with that assessment. These hot rod rentals will be driven hard with little to no repercussions.(Unless it is written into agreements as abuse breakage). I just cant see how they could rent these cars for that type of money, $162.97 to $283.16 and make any profit so I think this is for brand recognition mostly. In either case I'm looking forward to renting one!

100 Days at $283.16=$28,316. (this is only approximately half of what the car retails for. So take 100 hours of thrashing on these hot rods, the car will possibly need major repiar and is not even half paid for. (It has to be a branding situation as no money will be made here).

EDITED:

Edited by SWEDEMAN