TEAM SHELBY FORUM

To buy or not to buy.

I am new to this forum.  I would like to purchase a Shelby Super Snake.  As a first time buyer, would purchasing a used one, e.g., 2007 or 2009 be contraindicated due to its age?  

1 hour ago, Tamerlane said:

I am new to this forum.  I would like to purchase a Shelby Super Snake.  As a first time buyer, would purchasing a used one, e.g., 2007 or 2009 be contraindicated due to its age?  

All depends on the condition & odometer mileage.

A 2007 Super Snake parked outside all its life with over 100k on the odometer probably would not be a good fit for a first time Shelby buyer.

A low mile garage kept SS, as long as the price is realistic, would be a much better fit.

I should mention that Shelby American can still build you a 2007-09 Super Snake as long as the base GT500 is in very good to excellent condition.

One other item to keep in mind is when was the SS package added to the car and what horsepower was it equipped with. You can pick up an early built 605hp SS relatively cheap but that is because most buyers are passing over the 605hp cars so that they can go with a 725-750hp SS.

And it should be mentioned that many buyers place additional value on Super Snakes built here at Shelby American as compared to an authorized mod-shop built Super Snake. Please note that I said many and not all buyers, it is up to the individual buyer to determine if it matters to them where the SS was built.

Steven

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For the same amount of money I would buy a 2013/14 GT500 all day long.  Just my 2 cents.

As far as where it was built I will just speak for the Shelby GT/SC, back when I had mine completed Tasca got better reviews then SAI, things have changed significantly since then.  I know there was a lot of friction because Tasca ran “Specials” that were significantly cheaper than SAI and they would also do any other mods you wanted at the same time, SAI was not open to doing so.  With this type of work a Dyno should be included, Tasca did it at delivery, I thought that was awesome, SAI didn’t do them at all.

Edited by carnut12

• 1 month later...
On 5/1/2019 at 3:54 PM, Tamerlane said:

Tamerlane, did you ever buy a Shelby?