TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Exhaust ???????

My first question is does anyone know who SVT outsources the stock GT 500 exhaust from?

I am languishing at which exhaust mfgr to go with. I ran Borlas on my 03 termie and was happy with the note and no drone. However I am not going to spend a grand on Borlas. Out of the Flowmaster,magnaflow and corsa's which seems to be the better of the three for sound, throaty and no drone.

BTW where the heck did Corsa come from anyway. Never heard of them till the other day. Tell me a little about them.

I know exhaust and its sound is subjective but give me some input anyway.

Thanks

My first question is does anyone know who SVT outsources the stock GT 500 exhaust from?

I am languishing at which exhaust mfgr to go with. I ran Borlas on my 03 termie and was happy with the note and no drone. However I am not going to spend a grand on Borlas. Out of the Flowmaster,magnaflow and corsa's which seems to be the better of the three for sound, throaty and no drone.

BTW where the heck did Corsa come from anyway. Never heard of them till the other day. Tell me a little about them.

Thanks

Corsa has been producing a drone free exhaust for the GM market for years. Of the three exhausts you mentioned the only one I know of to be drone free is Corsa.

Thanks

I have Corsa's and love them, couldn't be better for a vert.

You can do a search on Corsas and Exhaust and come up with dozens of links to posts.

Here is someone that is selling a set (if not sold) at a really good price.

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...st&p=155624

Thanks

Not sure if this will answer your question, but let me tell you a short story....

I live in Columbus, Indiana. You may have heard of a company called Arvin...one of the largest exhaust manufacturer's in the US for OEM automotive exhausts. I was at a car show yesterday and some guy walked up and said "I made the exhaust for that car". I asked for more details. He said they pipes/tubing came from Arvin right here in Indiana. I asked if that included the X pipe and he said..."No, I think they outsource that".

Hope that helps.

Dave

i installed the magnaflow 3" stainless exaust system. they look fantastic and sound great too. no drone and it has a nice deep tone sound. i would highly recomend this system as i am very happy with mine. installed them by myself in my garage,took a few hours. glass pack mufflers have nice angle cut like the originals and the inside of the tips are far better looking than any other tips having about 1/2" of inside brushed stainless steel giving that fat exaust tip look.also using the smaller open glass pack mufflers you loose a lot of weight in the back. went to a local mustang meet a few weeks ago and there where 5 gt500 shelby's,we all compared are exaust and all the owners said mine sounded the nicest. the other guys had-dynomax,borla,ford racing and stock. i had the magnaflows. also my exhaust tips where by far the best looking. forgot to mention that the car with stock exaust sytem at the car meet ordered the same system i had after she heard and saw my exhaust,also the difuser do not melt around the tips-perfect clearance and fit !

Hey thanxs fellas for the input thus far. Like the sound of your FRP exhaust Harry. Nice color combo BTW mine is a vert Vista blue with rocker panel stripes only:)

Any one have any sound clips of the Magnaflows???

Borla is the source for FRPP axle backs. They drone from 1800-2000 rpm. Gear up and you won't hear it at highway speeds (60-65pmh). 3.73's move it just enough. I have them and love them. Mine are the original Mustang GT 5spd aftermarket mufflers. Less than $500 for the set.

The factory exhaust manifolds, x-pipe and tubing actually flow extremely well. Headers haven't proven to make a big enough difference on blown street cars in general, and it's been proven that they're not an efficient expense in the case of the GT500 (that said, a number of members have them and love them....and I respect their decisions but for the minimal increase in hp vs the effects on torque, it's just worth it for me).

I've had two sets of Corsas on Corvettes. They generally made two versions. One was raspier, one throatier (high to mid versus low freq) Neither has appreciable drone. They're expensive.

I've seen two GT500s with fitment problems with Magnaflows. ALL GT500 mufflers need to be jacked with for a perfect fit within the cutouts on the rear valance or you'll melt it. IMHO the Magnaflows are too quiet for my taste.

The Borlas turn heads.

bj

Right on thats what I need is a bunch of different opinions. I am drawn to Borlas as I said had them on my termie. I will not be doing headers at all. I have heard some losing torque when adding headers and others saying that there are no appreciable gains for $$$$ to HP.

I am looking for the magic sound that at idle says mean just sitting still,no drone, and at speed has a deep V8 no mistaking American Muscle is under the hood.

Keep up the comments.

Anyone heard the Corsa's axlebacks on the GT 500???

Archived