TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stripe restoration

Salted_Venom

3 minutes ago, Larry Muskat said:

What about the silver stripes ? Do you know of anything for them

Your best solution is to replace them with painted stripes. Solves the problem permanently. Not cheap, but the best way to go. Pretty sure once the silver stripes go, there's no bringing them back.

I would try to polish them with a foam pad and a mild polish.  I would not suggest working by hand.  Use a da polisher.  Working by hand will introduce micromarring.  If you are uncomfortable using a machine polisher, I would have the whole car paint corrected by a professional who understands what the term paint correction means.  Any 5 year old black car with miles on it could definitely benefit by a professional paint correction.

53 minutes ago, ChicagoChris said:

I've used Adam products for a number of years and really like them. Tried Groit's a few years ago and switched back to Adams. 

I've been using Groit's lately and I'm fairly happy with the results, maybe I'll have to give Adams a try.... :shrug:

Been succssfully using Adams VRT for years on wifes' Kona blue 2011 Mustang GT with black vinyl satin stripes.  Other products leave swirl marks or haze.   My Shelby stripes are painted. 😎

Edited by 66GT350PS