TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FIRST SHELBY SUPER SNAKE JOINS FIRST SHELBY COBRA IN LAS VEGAS

ForumAdmin

me too, I have seen the original Cobra up close about a half dozen times. Have yet to see the original Super Snake up close. May have to make a trip to Vegas before the end of the month.

I know the CSX 2000 was painted different colors when it was first built so the Media would think there were more then one built at that time.  Is there a list of those colors and in the order they were painted?  What was the original color before it got its first repaint?  IF this Cobra even gets restored, should it stay Blue or should it go back to the original color?

7 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

I know the CSX 2000 was painted different colors when it was first built so the Media would think there were more then one built at that time.  Is there a list of those colors and in the order they were painted?  What was the original color before it got its first repaint?  IF this Cobra even gets restored, should it stay Blue or should it go back to the original color?

It was painted Red , yellow 7 now is Black & hasn`t been touched since . I twas on display at the 2019 Bash   & if you look close at the drivers door  on the leading window edge you can see the yellow paint.

5 hours ago, Mustangcollector said:

I thought I read somewhere that Mr. Shelby never wanted to do any restoration, painting, or corrections to CSX2000...even stating he didn’t want stitch in the ripped seats to be fixed.

You did & it is still that way today.

1 hour ago, shelby001 said:

It was painted Red , yellow 7 now is Black & hasn`t been touched since . I twas on display at the 2019 Bash   & if you look close at the drivers door  on the leading window edge you can see the yellow paint.

Its black now?, last time I saw the car in Vegas a few years ago it was blue.

30 minutes ago, mhr1961 said:

Its black now?, last time I saw the car in Vegas a few years ago it was blue.

1 hour ago, shelby001 said:

You did & it is still that way today.

Yes it is still blue typo & senior moment , one or the other lol 

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 8:52 AM, Mustangcollector said:

I thought I read somewhere that Mr. Shelby never wanted to do any restoration, painting, or corrections to CSX2000...even stating he didn’t want stitch in the ripped seats to be fixed.

BUT, since it is no longer owned by the Shelby Family OR SAI, then the new owners COULD, if the wanted to, Restore the Cobra back to "AS NEW", to the original Color, RIGHT? 

As far as the write-ups that I have seen, the current color is the last color of the Cobra when it left the shop.  Originally, it was bare aluminum. Blue was the final selected factory color after all the color changes for the media and it has remained that way.

On 4/15/2019 at 12:47 PM, tesgt350 said:

BUT, since it is no longer owned by the Shelby Family OR SAI, then the new owners COULD, if the wanted to, Restore the Cobra back to "AS NEW", to the original Color, RIGHT? 

I think this video clip applies to the above line of logic.

and besides, doing such would be like finding the Holy Grail and then deciding to melt it down to make a make a Budweiser Mug....

Edited by mhr1961

On 4/11/2019 at 7:52 AM, Mustangcollector said:

He also said something about the employment status of anyone who would do so