TEAM SHELBY FORUM

68 KR 2481

DL Clark

Hello,

New to the forum. I am the present owner of 2481. I know the original owner of the vehicle was Gary Turner of Colorado, the second owner was Dan Harvey also of Colorado. My Dad Thomas Clark bought the car in 95 at Hot August Nights in Reno. I am looking for any information on either Mr. Harvey or Mr Turner. I have tried all outlets I have available and have hit dead ends. Any and all help would be appreciated. Thank you

Darin Clark

This forum is pretty much focused on the modern Shelby Mustangs.  You will get more information on the 60s cars from the SAAC forum at www.saac.com

Edit:   The forum software seems to now allow the saac link so here it is in longhand

www dot saacforum dot com

Edited by twobjshelbys

Good advice.  You should get a copy of the SAAC World Registry for details on your car and 1968 Shelbys in general.

https://saacstuff.com/collections/saac-shelby-and-cobra-registries/products/saac-shelby-registry-1968-1969-1970

Also, contact: 

68 Shelby Registrar    Vincent Liska: vinman@infionline.net

😎

On 3/30/2019 at 1:59 PM, DL Clark said:

Hello,

New to the forum. I am the present owner of 2481. I know the original owner of the vehicle was Gary Turner of Colorado, the second owner was Dan Harvey also of Colorado. My Dad Thomas Clark bought the car in 95 at Hot August Nights in Reno. I am looking for any information on either Mr. Harvey or Mr Turner. I have tried all outlets I have available and have hit dead ends. Any and all help would be appreciated. Thank you

Darin Clark

Hi Darin,

Welcome to Team Shelby. Shelby Mustang's were not cheap cars to purchase or insure so many buyers back then were in their mid to late 30's or older so when you add the cars current age of 51 years to the buyers age you have original owners who would now be in their late 80's and that is if they are still with us.

Your best bet would be to try and locate surviving family members of the original owners through a public records search with the hopes of making contact with a son or daughter of the original owner who may be able to fill in the blanks. 

Also keep in mind that even though these cars mean a great deal to us Shelby enthusiasts the original buyer could have purchased the car on a whim and sold/traded the car a year later for something else with no looking back.

Best of luck on your research.

Steven