TEAM SHELBY FORUM

canadian export numbers for gt 500

kincobra

the canadian shelby gt 500 does have a few different things about the car,like canadian window sticker,built in daylights in fuse box and wiring,km speedometer etc.... does anybody know what the production run for canadian delivered cars is ? rumour i heard was 900 units,is this true.

post-5661-1184435856_thumb.jpg

post-5661-1184435856_thumb.jpg

the canadian shelby gt 500 does have a few different things about the car,like canadian window sticker,built in daylights in fuse box and wiring,km speedometer etc.... does anybody know what the production run for canadian delivered cars is ? rumour i heard was 900 units,is this true.

I don't have the answer but I would figure around 500. Only SVT dealers are authorized to sell the GT500 in Canada. If I remember correctly, there are 27 or so SVT dealers in Canada. They were initially supposed to get 15 cars each. I read here that theirallocation was ultimately increased to 19, which would mean 513 cars. Even rounding up the numbers to 30 dealers x 20 cars, it's still only 600 cars. 900 would mean over 30 cars per SVT dealer, which seems a bit high IMHO. That being said, I would not be surprised that the total number of cars purhcased in Canada, including imported US cars would approach 900.

I don't have the answer but I would figure around 500. Only SVT dealers are authorized to sell the GT500 in Canada. If I remember correctly, there are 27 or so SVT dealers in Canada. They were initially supposed to get 15 cars each. I read here that theirallocation was ultimately increased to 19, which would mean 513 cars. Even rounding up the numbers to 30 dealers x 20 cars, it's still only 600 cars. 900 would mean over 30 cars per SVT dealer, which seems a bit high IMHO. That being said, I would not be surprised that the total number of cars purhcased in Canada, including imported US cars would approach 900.

27 SVT dealers across Canada, majority of them here in Ontario.............yes, 15 each but I heard it got bumped a couple of cars each

27 SVT dealers across Canada, majority of them here in Ontario.............yes, 15 each but I heard it got bumped a couple of cars each

I was in Edmonton in the middle of June and they had 5 sitting on the floor. 3 coupes and 2 verts. Wanted 90k for the coupes and 100k for the verts.

I was in Edmonton in the middle of June and they had 5 sitting on the floor. 3 coupes and 2 verts. Wanted 90k for the coupes and 100k for the verts.

I know which dealer you were at then. The other dealer was selling for 70k insteat of 100k, and did a lottery to decide which customers got to buy the cars. I think they got 13 total plus 2 American imports.

thanks for the info guys. it seems about 500 to 600 gt500 shelbys (canadian versions) will be made. great news for us canucks as are cars will be pretty rare and limited in the future. nice to hear from the other members that they are still selling high as i paid m.s.r.p. :happy feet:

post-5661-1184525140_thumb.jpg

post-5661-1184525140_thumb.jpg

Archived