TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Allotment dates

rkfaul

Thanks to everyone who has posted information with regard to how the process works with regard to ordering and obtaining a car. Does anyone know when Ford sets the allotment dates....should my dealer know by now and should he be able to find out for me. All I have been told is that my car has been ordered and I dropped a deposit to the dealer. I dont want to insult the dealer if he does not know or cannot find out when his allocation date is. Is this reasonable or does he know the allocation date already and has elected not to tell me. It would be nice to know of course since it looks like this is the real bottleneck as to when I will likely receive the car. Would hate to be misled at this point.

rk

Ford sets allotment date based on a rotation system/random number pulling/magic 8 ball shake

I work for one of the larger dealers, and not only is our first gt500 already alloted, but it has also been assigned a VIN

they MIGHT not be telling you...OR...they MIGHT not know.

Most likely they haven't been given allocation yet.

good luck

Tim

The dealers know what there alotment is now, and they can find out what quarter the car will be built from their zone rep. Don't let them fool you. If they say they don't know, then you are talking to a person that is not in the loop (another missinformed sales person). You need to talk to the person that orders the cars to get a straight answer.

Demand a DORA. If they have an allotment for 2008....then a DORA exists. The DORA will spell the entire order out.

The dealers know what there alotment is now, and they can find out what quarter the car will be built from their zone rep. Don't let them fool you. If they say they don't know, then you are talking to a person that is not in the loop (another missinformed sales person). You need to talk to the person that orders the cars to get a straight answer.

Demand a DORA. If they have an allotment for 2008....then a DORA exists. The DORA will spell the entire order out.

You not need allotment to get a DORA. You can plug in orders for anything you want and get a DORA. It will just sit in the system and never get pulled or scheduled if you do not have allocation for it.

We have allocation for an 08. We do not know when our allocation will be available yet. The regional office in charge of scheduling does not know when our allocation will be available. So dealers do not know and can not find out unless it is coming up within the next couple of months. If it is coming up within the next two or three months then the regional office can sometimes tell you. Otherwise you are left in the dark without knowing or being able to find out.

I just asked our rep about ours yesterday. They still don't know when our allocation is coming up on ours.

We ordered it a month ago. It is just sitting idle in the system until whenever our allocation will become available. Since Ford does not know at this time when that will be I can only assume at this point we won't get the allocation for at least another 3 months or longer from now.

thanks guys for the info....at least I can now ask them and if they dont know it doesnt necessarily mean something sinister...I have read about DORA but what does the acronym stand for? I appreciate the opportunity you have given me to learn more about all this stuff...RKF

We keep orders in CONCEPS(DORAs), at all times, as many as we like.

One day the rep will call and ask our ordering manager which one he wants pulled and they give him the order #.

I won't go into how much the ordering manager's opinion affects our dealer's inventory, but this stuff gets annoying.

It has been a few months since I lived this nightmare. I tried to forget it...but am remembering it for you now! :banghead:

1.Sit down and order the car. Ask for a VOC. (Vehicle Order Confirmation). That is how the order will be submitted to Ford.

2. Once Ford gets it. They will generate a DORA (Dealer Order Reciept Acknowledgement). The Dora will show how the car is to be built.

Very few people at the dealership have the authority to hit the submit button for the VOC....and if that is not done.....you will not get a DORA.

I have a Dora now for over a mouth now and still have NADA yet on any build date or a vin # dealer said he still don't no anything about it o well who no's

Your dealer can call the regional zone rep for his dealership and ask for the information on What quarter your order will be pulled.

They owe you that. It is an easy call to make. Then you can pin it down. Trust me....that information is known. I have a friend who is a zone rep. Don't let them tell you that they can't find out. If they do.....it's poppy cock! :redcard:

Thanks Guys

Getting the hang of what I need to ask my dealer now...I will try to call him this week and ask for VOC and Dora and ask as well if they know what the allocation date might be. If I can get satisfactory answers I will at least be somewhat assured the deal may happen as planned. I like these guys and hope to continue to do business with them if it works out but I know of the horror stories and how they are still ongoing. Appreciate the comments, info and support

Thanks Guys

Getting the hang of what I need to ask my dealer now...I will try to call him this week and ask for VOC and Dora and ask as well if they know what the allocation date might be. If I can get satisfactory answers I will at least be somewhat assured the deal may happen as planned. I like these guys and hope to continue to do business with them if it works out but I know of the horror stories and how they are still ongoing. Appreciate the comments, info and support

I placed my order with a dealer in Pennsylvania in May. They are medium to small dealer

that won the presidential award . I talked to the sale manager and he said he does not

have a build date. Does the presidential award dealers get the first cars made ??

People Keep saying Dora Dora Dora i have a Dora for over a mouth now and still got nada no build or no vin# and my dealer tell me he's no NADA he said he talk to his Rep and he no's Nada so that were i am a Dora or No Dora to me mean Nada

People Keep saying Dora Dora Dora i have a Dora for over a mouth now and still got nada no build or no vin# and my dealer tell me he's no NADA he said he talk to his Rep and he no's Nada so that were i am a Dora or No Dora to me mean Nada

Your frustration is common to us all, however you may not have your car built till the last qtr., regardless of a DORA. Keep in touch with your dealer. In my case the dealer got (3) 07's, mine being the last car. I stayed in contact at least once a month with my dealer and kept in the know with GREAT info on this forum. Patience, like it or not is the word here. GOOD luck with your pursuit. You will enjoy the result :happy feet:

i talk to my dealer yesterday and he said the presidential award cars were being build now and he's not a presidential award winner so i will not see any car for a bit yet

I have heard this "presidential award" stuff several times. I ordered from a very small dealer, not a presidential award winner and my car has a full vin, scheduled for the week of July 23rd. I think the presidential award dealer priority is not all its cracked up to be.

here what my dealer sent me the end of last week

just got off the phone with jeffery my Ford rep he has been in a meeting all morning going over the scheluding of shelbys they just started scheluding 08 shelbys again the plant has been shut down. the next batch will go to dealers who have won the presidents award (big dealers) not us at XXXXXXX so it will be a little bet before we hear anything

rkfaul,

Nice stable listed in your sig.

Good luck with your car. Hope it arrives soon.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin....I posted a few pics in the gallery collection if you care to look at em...Robert

I have heard this "presidential award" stuff several times. I ordered from a very small dealer, not a presidential award winner and my car has a full vin, scheduled for the week of July 23rd. I think the presidential award dealer priority is not all its cracked up to be.

According to Ford they said president winners were going to get their car first then the rest will get theirs. That has changed because they have been scheduling a lot of nonpresidential winners now.

According to Ford they said president winners were going to get their car first then the rest will get theirs. That has changed because they have been scheduling a lot of nonpresidential winners now.

one of our stores won pres award, one did not

the store that did has a build date of monday the 16th, and mine is scheduled from the dealership that did not

however, mine was ordered 2 weeks later than the other dealerships as well, i have had a vin number for around a month or so

one of our stores won pres award, one did not

the store that did has a build date of monday the 16th, and mine is scheduled from the dealership that did not

however, mine was ordered 2 weeks later than the other dealerships as well, i have had a vin number for around a month or so

also, our other stores order was released to the plant like 2 weeks ago

Your dealer can call the regional zone rep for his dealership and ask for the information on What quarter your order will be pulled.

They owe you that. It is an easy call to make. Then you can pin it down. Trust me....that information is known. I have a friend who is a zone rep. Don't let them tell you that they can't find out. If they do.....it's poppy cock! :redcard:

Thanks for the Info Grabber: Here is the question: Shelbydude says they can only see the week of build 3 months out... your saying they can at least tell you what quarter your car will be built in. I know this is two different criteria as to finding out from the Regional Zone Rep. Grabbers is more Wide Range and Shelbydude's is very specific.

You two guys give great information so I'm wondering if Shelbydude concurs with Grabber on this one? Either way im calling tomorrow to see if I can atleast get info on the quarter my car is scheduled to be built in.

Thanks Guys

Thanks for the Info Grabber: Here is the question: Shelbydude says they can only see the week of build 3 months out... your saying they can at least tell you what quarter your car will be built in. I know this is two different criteria as to finding out from the Regional Zone Rep. Grabbers is more Wide Range and Shelbydude's is very specific.

You two guys give great information so I'm wondering if Shelbydude concurs with Grabber on this one? Either way im calling tomorrow to see if I can atleast get info on the quarter my car is scheduled to be built in.

Thanks Guys

There are 17 regions. Each region has there own branch office in charge of giving out allocation to the dealers within their region. I can't speak for other regions as to how or what they know as to how far in advance they know when specific allocation will become available.

What I do know is that our region still does know when we will get our allocation on our 08. It was ordered over a month ago. Dealers in our region and in our zone have 08 GT500's coming already that show in locator. But they do not know when we are scheduled to get our allocation. So unless something just pops up soon I would assume we are looking at about 3 months or longer before getting it.

We are in the Chicago region.

There are 17 regions. Each region has there own branch office in charge of giving out allocation to the dealers within their region. I can't speak for other regions as to how or what they know as to how far in advance they know when specific allocation will become available.

What I do know is that our region still does know when we will get our allocation on our 08. It was ordered over a month ago. Dealers in our region and in our zone have 08 GT500's coming already that show in locator. But they do not know when we are scheduled to get our allocation. So unless something just pops up soon I would assume we are looking at about 3 months or longer before getting it.

We are in the Chicago region.

So for your region you dont even know which quarter your allocation will be built in... Bummer... maybe I wont find something out when I call tomorrow.. LOL

As already mentioned, each region may process allocations differently to some degree. Grabber's in the same region that I am in, and I order all of our store's Mustangs (and Shelbys). I can tell you from my experiences and conversations with our zone reps that they have a lot of latitude in which store they choose to pull an order for amongst their dealers. While there may be some basic guidelines they have to follow as a bare minimum to ensure all dealers receive their allocation eventually, I believe that they can bump dealers ahead of other dealers on a whim, should they choose to, if there is sufficient reason to do so.

In Grabber's case, he was in constant contact with his selling dealer's zone rep. The old saying about the squeaky wheel getting the grease certainly applies here (in a good way). When a customer is contacting the zone rep directly, the zone rep is more apt to set aside any dealer to dealer discretion in pulling orders so that the customer they are dealing with directly gets handled favorably. That zone rep will then make sure that the order gets pulled when they are next able to get an order pulled (within the constraints set forth by the regional manager above them).

In general, however, our zone rep cannot map out for us when each of our several GT500 allocations will be pulled throughout the year. The next one, perhaps, but not any beyond that (unless he has a "squeaky wheel to grease"). This puts me in a position to tell customers that it is likely several months in between each GT500 order as our best estimate.

Spoke with my sales rep today...the dealer is about an hour away from my house. He states he has VOC and DORA and the partial VIN of my car already. He has an order number for the car. He did not yet know the allocation date. He laughed when I told him I had been burning up the message boards and states that the 2 guys that bought their 07s last year did the same thing and called him every week or so. He is a laid back fella and told me to call as much as I want but he would be checking the system often and will let me know when he finds out any change of status on my vehicle. He assurred me that I would get the car and that they definately had the allotment for it. So now its back to waiting some more...

Hey i all so order my car in La. (Tallulah La.) do you no were that is ? i must have the Same salemen because he told me the same thing but i got my Dora the same day and that was on June 10, 2007 and now a 1 1/2 mouth later i am at the same place i was them. Still no Vin# or build date talk to his zone office today and they told me i will no What up buy July 23 next week for sure They started to tell me all about the Pres. award dealer getting there car's first and my dealer was not one of them. He just a very Small dealer here in La. so that were i am at at this time but i only paid MSRP so i can't bitch to much

so i wish you the very best of luck with you getting your car

Hi there SCS1

Tallulah is west of Vicksburg Ms in Top east corner of state....My deal is in the Southwest La area...like you my deal is for MSRP so I am hopeful and nervous since my dealer is only allocated one car and that is mine. My guy states he does not yet know allocation date but will try to find out and he usually checks the Ford system every couple of weeks until it shows up and then will let me know...I dont think my dealer was a Pres award winner either..suspect I am at least a quarter away from my allocation date

. Please post when you get any info on your allocation date...suspect we are in same region. Good luck to you and looking forward to good news for both of us.

Archived