TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Replacing Stripes

I just got the replacement stripes today. I was wondering if you would trust a local Ford dealer to replace the stripes or would you seek out someone that is more qualified? The stripes that needed to be replaced are located on the rear deck lid and around the lock on the trunk.

I just got the replacement stripes today. I was wondering if you would trust a local Ford dealer to replace the stripes or would you seek out someone that is more qualified? The stripes that needed to be replaced are located on the rear deck lid and around the lock on the trunk.

I would find a good sign shop that deals in vinyl graphics or along those lines. I doubt your dealer has had a lot of experience in applying these stripes. Look at the problems when they first started doing them at the factory. I know its not rocket science but it does take patience and a good eye to do it right. I guess I don't have a lot of confidence it dealers (have had several bad experiences with them) :banghead:

I took my car in this morning at 7:30 to have the stripes replaced and I just got it back. It looks better without the dealer emblem across the stripes. They also waxed the car as well. What's odd is the person that I found works at the local Lexus Dealership. They loved the car!

Archived