TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone called on SS packakge yet?

Now that the dust has settled on the Super Snake Package components, I was wondering the following:

1) Has anyone been called by SAI and asked to put down their deposit?

2) Did you pay the $10,000.00 non-refundable deposit?

3) Did SAI provide a detailed breakdown of all the components and modifications in the package?

I am supposedly near the top of the list and haven't heard a thing. I called SAI and was on hold for nearly an hour a couple of days ago before I got a real person on the line to ask specific questions related to the stripe color issue. No change there. I was told the there were three people calling the lists at that time.

Jim

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was suppost to be #1 on the list when I talked with them before the news came out, but since Amy knows I don't want Flat Black stripes on my white car, I think they decided to skip over my name. Heck I never heard anything on the 40th & I was #74 on that list :doh:

I guess since they know you don't want anything but blue stripes why bother calling you? :shrug: Hope that's not the case.

I know I'm on the SS list and no calls here, I think they are still ironing out a breakdown of everything, I know if they call me I will want to know EXACTLY what I am getting and thats probably why no calls yet, We have'nt even seen the functional RAM AIR hood completed yet so I would like to see pics of that too. Yes the finished outside but not underside completion.

I know I'm on the SS list and no calls here, I think they are still ironing out a breakdown of everything, I know if they call me I will want to know EXACTLY what I am getting and thats probably why no calls yet, We have'nt even seen the functional RAM AIR hood completed yet so I would like to see pics of that too. Yes the finished outside but not underside completion.

No call or email from SAI to me, either. I was confirmed for the list on May 3rd.

3) Did SAI provide a detailed breakdown of all the components and modifications in the package?

1) Not yet.

2) No, nor will I.

3) N/A

I put down my deposit on the 40th last week. When talking with John Walker, he said they were still finalizing pricing on the SS parts - the only thing left being labor on the brakes. I was interested in that since I'm looking at getting the SS blower/CAI, brakes and rear.

I am confirmed with Deposit....CSM #07XL0366 (07 for the year, XL for 40, and your specific #).

I was going with the SS until the black stripe issue.....So, Now i am on the 40th with the following added upgrades...

SS HP upgrade

Baer Brake Upgrade

CAI

Short Shifter

1/4 window Louvres

Chrome Shelby Razor Wheels- $400 for chrome upgrade

I have received confirmation letters from John Walker, and my AMEX shows my deposit.....John and Adrienne said I can expect my call back to bring car at the end of July...I am driving it from PHX to Vegas....Only 4hrs....

JW

I haven't received any calls either. I have been on the list since April 28th.

I really want to see performance numbers and the tire size finalized. I'm assuming that they are waiting for the final information on performance etc. before they start calling people.

I know Amy has said that they are looking into the tire size on the SS and I hope they go to at least a 305.

Hi Guys

I'm new to the forum. My GT500 is the Vista blue with the white stripes :headspin:. Can you tell me how you guys got confirmed on the SS list. I made my request to be added to the list. All I herd was we'll call ya when we're ready in an e-mail response. Is that it? is that the call back list?How many people are on the :snake: :headspin: SS list? Do you have to give up the deposite first? Feed back please :snake: :superhero:

Yes, that's about it. I'm sure you will hear more as things at Shelby get nailed down.

Hi Guys

I'm new to the forum. My GT500 is the Vista blue with the white stripes :headspin:. Can you tell me how you guys got confirmed on the SS list. I made my request to be added to the list. All I herd was we'll call ya when we're ready in an e-mail response. Is that it? is that the call back list?How many people are on the :snake: :headspin: SS list? Do you have to give up the deposite first? Feed back please :snake: :superhero:

Received an email from SAI a few minutes ago stating they are "shooting for sometime next week to begin calling the SS list". This will be following an internal meeting on Monday. I believe that the meeting is to set the final details of the SS package.

Jim

I guess since they know you don't want anything but blue stripes why bother calling you? :shrug: Hope that's not the case.

I'm looking forward to seeing one on the drag strip and scales.

I think the only reason I'm getting emails is because I keep bugging them about the stripe color.

That makes sense. I haven't even tried to call or email since the original emails were exchanged. Thanks for the info on why you are getting alot more emails from them.

I'm looking forward to seeing one on the drag strip and scales.

Me too! I was thinking that we were going to have this information last month.

I would sign up for the SS package if it were not for the stripe issue, perf white with black stripes just puts me off. I guess I could always strip them off and order a new set of blue stripes but what's the point, I realize that with a $45K car plus ADM plus $27K who cares about $300 or 400 to rip off the black stripes and put blue back on. I just think it's a waste. I guess the 40th with upgrades is the only way to save the stripes

sorry to tell you they still take them off on the 40th anniversary package & put Silver on :doh: I'm with you on the Flat Black stripe issue, if they would put Vista Blue back on in the original widths of 3", 2" spacing 10", 2" spacing, 3" I would be all other this package in a heart beat. Hell I even sold my 97 SVT Cobra to have the extra money to apply towards it, but no more.

Now that the dust has settled on the Super Snake Package components, I was wondering the following:

I am supposedly near the top of the list and haven't heard a thing. I called SAI and was on hold for nearly an hour a couple of days ago before I got a real person on the line to ask specific questions related to the stripe color issue. No change there. I was told the there were three people calling the lists at that time.

Jim

Hi Everyone

Been on this site checking on updates for the 40th and S/S packages for a few months now. Have listen to all sides and have never thought of changing direction on which way to go. I think everyone here has to travel the road which is best for them, and respect those going a different way. That said I have given my 10,000 Dollar none refundable deposit. And plan to get as many ponies as they can round up. I plan to continue road racing it as my skills increase. I started 3 months ago and have earned my group 3 Solo pass. Next is Super Solo and to timed events. I have used up 3 sets of front pads 2 sets rear pads and 1 set of tires. The front rotors are cracked but still stop. This is what I have always planed for the car since my 1st HP driving class back in 03 in a rented Jag. I had one Shelby 500 owner almost fall over when I told him what I was doing. He said the tires are date coded.

WHAT THE HACK !!! My advice to my kids has always been it's not the act of ownership you should be excited about but the experience's you have with it. Just my 2 cents

Hi Everyone

Been on this site checking on updates for the 40th and S/S packages for a few months now. Have listen to all sides and have never thought of changing direction on which way to go. I think everyone here has to travel the road which is best for them, and respect those going a different way. That said I have given my 10,000 Dollar none refundable deposit. And plan to get as many ponies as they can round up. I plan to continue road racing it as my skills increase. I started 3 months ago and have earned my group 3 Solo pass. Next is Super Solo and to timed events. I have used up 3 sets of front pads 2 sets rear pads and 1 set of tires. The front rotors are cracked but still stop. This is what I have always planed for the car since my 1st HP driving class back in 03 in a rented Jag. I had one Shelby 500 owner almost fall over when I told him what I was doing. He said the tires are date coded.

WHAT THE HACK !!! My advice to my kids has always been it's not the act of ownership you should be excited about but the experience's you have with it. Just my 2 cents

Sounds like you are driving and enjoying the car the way it was meant to be . Once I get my suspension and a few other things the way I want them that's what I plan to do also though maybe not as often as you are.

I was ready to pull the trigger on the SS until it was restricted to the FB stripes. Now I'm thinking of doing things on my own.

I still want to see it in person ,hoping it will be at Tasca in August.

Hi Everyone

Since you have paid your $10K deposit, a couple of questions:

1. When were you contacted?

2. Do you know where you were on the SS list?

3. Were you provided a detailed list of components and modifications for the SS package?

Thanks,

Jim

Archived