TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Now the real waiting begins

Rarecat

I posted a week or so ago that I've got an order submitted for a 2008 Vert. As you can tell by my member number, I've been here since the beginning....anyway, I've been reading and searching and haven't found a consolidated list of the steps in the ordering process. I'm going to give it a shot, if our dealer friends could help correct or fill in the blanks and add the "usual" timeframes for each, I'd appreciate it. Here goes:

Dealer Order submitted to Ford

DORA issued by Ford

Partial VIN assigned

Allotment pulled by Regional Mgt.

Full VIN and Build Week assigned

Vehicle Build

Vehicle in holding lot waiting for transport

Transport (train, truck or both)

Delivery to Dealer

Dealer Prep

Paperwork and delivery

What am I missing? So far I'm still on step one, but my sales dude says I should get my DORA next week....does that sound right?

Thanks in advance for the help, this should be useful to many...

Frank

I posted a week or so ago that I've got an order submitted for a 2008 Vert. As you can tell by my member number, I've been here since the beginning....anyway, I've been reading and searching and haven't found a consolidated list of the steps in the ordering process. I'm going to give it a shot, if our dealer friends could help correct or fill in the blanks and add the "usual" timeframes for each, I'd appreciate it. Here goes:

Dealer Order submitted to Ford

DORA issued by Ford

Partial VIN assigned

Allotment pulled by Regional Mgt.

Full VIN and Build Week assigned

Vehicle Build

Vehicle in holding lot waiting for transport

Transport (train, truck or both)

Delivery to Dealer

Dealer Prep

Paperwork and delivery

What am I missing? So far I'm still on step one, but my sales dude says I should get my DORA next week....does that sound right?

Thanks in advance for the help, this should be useful to many...

Frank

The DORA is generated at the time of placing the order. Input the info, submit order, print out DORA.

Whenever the dealer's allocation comes available and the order is pulled and scheduled, Ford issues a full vin. A new DORA is printed off again with the updated info.

Once the vehicle has been built, the average time frame is usually 4 - 6 weeks until the vehicle arrives to the dealership. Mine took about 3 weeks to arrive from the build date. The time of delivery can vary though, depending on where it is being shipped, rail car shortgages, etc. So in some cases there could be longer delays involved. The DORA with show an ETA (estimated time of arrival) once the build date is scheduled, but even that can change during the process depending on quality hold issues, shipping delay issues, etc.

The DORA is generated at the time of placing the order. Input the info, submit order, print out DORA.

I just sealed a deal on a MY08. Should the dealer input the order now or does the dealer wait until its allocation comes up (which I think will be December for my dealer) to input the order into the system.

I get the impression from them that they will not be inputting the order into the system anytime soon but I could have got the wrong impression. So any info you can provide would be appreciated.

I just sealed a deal on a MY08. Should the dealer input the order now or does the dealer wait until its allocation comes up (which I think will be December for my dealer) to input the order into the system.

I get the impression from them that they will not be inputting the order into the system anytime soon but I could have got the wrong impression. So any info you can provide would be appreciated.

They could have placed the order while you stood there. Ford may not officially accept the order for a day or so. Once they do, you can get the DORA. Have them enter the order ASAP. You can change anything you like on the order until it is "pulled" (and I think even for a short time after that...not sure). There's no easy way to tell when it will be pulled that I know of, although the regional rep should have an approximate timeframe...sounds like December for you.

Congrats.

Dave

are they a big big dealer with the presidents award if so you will get it sooner then i will

They are a President's winner but it is a small dealer in Texas

They could have placed the order while you stood there. Ford may not officially accept the order for a day or so. Once they do, you can get the DORA. Have them enter the order ASAP. You can change anything you like on the order until it is "pulled" (and I think even for a short time after that...not sure). There's no easy way to tell when it will be pulled that I know of, although the regional rep should have an approximate timeframe...sounds like December for you.

Congrats.

Dave

Thanks to you guys I know to insist that the order be placed. My salesman was off yesterday & today so I'll be on the phone to him first thing tomorrow. Their regional rep already told them that their 1st order should come up early December. The dealer was up front with me about the date. I just made sure I got it in writing that I got the 1st allocation otherwise it might be late spring since they are a small dealer. Can't hurt to make sure they have the order in sooner rather than later.

Not to hijack this thread but I found it interesting that my salesman told me that of their 2 07MY they sold, 1 was sold to a pair of guys from DFW area who went in together and said they were going to "time capsule" the car in a warehouse for a few years and then quote "sell it at Barret Jackson", the 2nd car was sold to a DFW gentleman who trailored it home and gave the impression that he wasn't going to be driving it too much (i.e. reseller). Maybe this helps explain why I haven't seen even 1 on the road yet in the DFW area. :redcard::stop:

Sorry, back to topic!

I remembered I had a list someone else prepared when the 07MY was just coming online.

1-receipt date

2-serialize date

3-segment date

4-sequence date

5-blend date

6-produced date

7-gate release date

8-ship date

9-arrival date

10-sold date

1-Receipt Date-The date that MS&S (Marketing Sales and Service) recorded the order.

2-Serialize Date-The date that MS&S transfers the order to MP&L (Material Planning and Logistics) and the VIN is created.You have to get the VIN from your dealer.

3-Segment Date-The date that MP&L determines which week the order will be built.

4-Sequence Date-The date that MP&L determines which day the order will be built.

5-Blend Date-The date that MP&L determines when the order will be built within the assigned day.

6-Produced Date- The date that VO (Vehicle Operations) finished assembling the vehicle.

7-Gate Release Date-The day that VO transfers the vehicle to Transportation Carriers for shipping.

8-Ship Date-The date the vehicle left the Assembly Plant.

9-Arrival Date-The date the dealership received the vehicle.

10-Sold Date-The Date the customer buys the vehicle

Archived