TEAM SHELBY FORUM

08 shelby gt5000

1badsho

FYI

I found about 8 GT500's in ford data base ... ie Invoices generated. This said .. it doesnt mean the car is on the ground yet. On ordered units a dealer can have a car in there inventory but not yet physically delivered.

Window_Sticker___2008MUSTANG.htm

Window_Sticker___2008MUSTANG.htm

Mine shows 7 coupes and 14 convertibles.

There was a dealer with a 08 vert on the ground that was listed on ebay.

Our first 2008 GT500 (blue coupe, white stripes) is already built, past Woodhaven (stripes), and is currently on a rail car due to us next week according to the rail carrier. We just received and sold our last 2007 GT500 two weeks ago, so the 2008's are coming right on the heals of the 2007's.

On a side note, I just pulled a "vehicle locate" via Ford, and our 2008 GT500 is the only 2008 GT500 (coupe or convertible) showing in the entire state of Washington currently. There is just one showing in Oregon (a black convertible), and there are none showing in Idaho, Montana, or Alaska. Looks like very limited quantities coming to the Northwest initially. They must all be going to the southern markets first (like usual).

On a side note, I just pulled a "vehicle locate" via Ford, and our 2008 GT500 is the only 2008 GT500 (coupe or convertible) showing in the entire state of Washington currently. There is just one showing in Oregon (a black convertible), and there are none showing in Idaho, Montana, or Alaska. Looks like very limited quantities coming to the Northwest initially. They must all be going to the southern markets first (like usual).

Hey Five Oh, Isn't it true that this is only the second week of '08 production because of the 4th shut down? You must have gotten one that was built the first week of 08 production. Nice.

For comparison, I just searched for remaining new 2007 GT500's (coupes and convertibles) in the entire NW region (WA, OR, ID, MT, and AK). Just 53 left at the 146 dealers in the region, and that includes GT500's that are unsold sitting on the lots, cars still in transit from the factory to the dealers (sold or unsold), and cars that are invoiced but not finished at the factory yet. Tough to know how many are actually available out of those 53 cars, but it's interesting to see anyway. 35 of the 53 are showing in Washington State. 9 in Oregon. 8 in Montana. 1 in Idaho. None in Alaska.

Looks like your car was built on 6/26 which should have been the second day of 08 production.

Hey Five Oh, Isn't it true that this is only the second week of '08 production because of the 4th shut down? You must have gotten one that was built the first week of 08 production. Nice.

Our first 08 GT500 was built on June 26th before the holiday week, so yes, a very early car. 2008 production began on June 25th, I believe. Our car is VIN # 584. VIN's include all 2008 Mustangs (V6, GT, Shelby), so I can't tell how many GT500's were made before ours, but probably just a couple dozen (assuming GT500 production is still just 5% of the mix).

Now, if only the owner here would sell me this car at cost! I've been the SVT Team Leader for this store for quite a few years, but I have to pay the same ADM that our customers would have to pay. Gee, thanks.

Our first 08 GT500 was built on June 26th before the holiday week, so yes, a very early car. 2008 production began on June 25th, I believe. Our car is VIN # 584. VIN's include all 2008 Mustangs (V6, GT, Shelby), so I can't tell how many GT500's were made before ours, but probably just a couple dozen (assuming GT500 production is still just 5% of the mix).

Now, if only the owner here would sell me this car at cost! I've been the SVT Team Leader for this store for quite a few years, but I have to pay the same ADM that our customers would have to pay. Gee, thanks.

Those vin #'s are really messed up. There is a vapor vert showing that was invoiced on 6/15 and built on 6/25 and the vin number is 2295

There is white vert invoiced 6/15 and built 6/25 and the vin # is 3068

There are others like yours that are only in the hundreds that were built after these.

Has there been any update on yours? Is it still sitting in MI waiting to be shipped????

Affirmative! When I talked to SVT Friday he aluded to the fact that it is waiting on a travel mate. He described how it will be in an eclosed trailer and that the number on a trailer is limited due to the heigth of the car. When GT's we're shipping they could get more on the trailer.

He did however send somebody out in the lot and found my car. He said it still could be as long as 3 more weeks (build date 5/16). Amazing-it's just going to southern Indiana.

Stent

Those vin #'s are really messed up. There is a vapor vert showing that was invoiced on 6/15 and built on 6/25 and the vin number is 2295

There is white vert invoiced 6/15 and built 6/25 and the vin # is 3068

There are others like yours that are only in the hundreds that were built after these.

mine is scheduled for week of 7/30 and VIN is #2924

Archived