Supersnake Down Under

Shelby Mick

6 hours ago, Shelby Mick said:

Hi all.

Thanks for the add.

Proud owner of CSM 07SS 0136

And 427 Special Edition 043

51121266_1563143880484483_4797658806718824448_o.jpg

Hi Mick - Beautiful Super Snake. I like the addition of the clear marker light lenses and the deletion of the ambers, that makes all of the difference in the world for a clean look on the front of these cars.

When I hear "Down Under" I always think of two pictures I have in my archive............

SS_Cartoon.jpg

and........

0014-1.jpg

Congrats on a beautiful Super Snake!

R

Edited by Robert M

15 hours ago, twobjshelbys said:

Can't tell from the pic but did you have to do right hand conversion? 

The car is converted. Was already right hand drive when i purchased it.

I actually read some posts on here from previous owner who had it converted

1 hour ago, 1 Alibi 2 said:

Welcome to TS.

Any under hood pics you'd care to share ??

Sure. Apart from RHD and relocation brackets i fitted because of poor anti_squat and traction issues, and 2 7/8 pulley i have noticed,  the car is original Shelby

IMG_20180520_231556.jpg

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 7:03 AM, Shelby Mick said:

Sure. Apart from RHD and relocation brackets i fitted because of poor anti_squat and traction issues, and 2 7/8 pulley i have noticed,  the car is original Shelby

IMG_20180520_231556.jpg

Mick - Your car appears to have an earlier build number at 136, but I see a Liquid Cooled S/C that I am guessing is a 2.8 (not a 3.2), when was this car upgraded to a Super Snake?

Robert

Edited by Robert M

On 11/03/2019 at 7:12 PM, 1 Alibi 2 said:

Welcome to TS.

Any under hood pics you'd care to share ??

Yes Robert. I am assuming is 2.8. From what i have read the 3.2 is identical to look at. So not sure. I think it was SS in 2008. Original owner was in California. And i have the original dyno which was 704 rwhp. Currently 698 on our pump fuel.

21 hours ago, Shelby Mick said:

Yes Robert. I am assuming is 2.8. From what i have read the 3.2 is identical to look at. So not sure. I think it was SS in 2008. Original owner was in California. And i have the original dyno which was 704 rwhp. Currently 698 on our pump fuel.

" Most " Shelby owners are paperwork crazy, keep records on everything, yours must have been owned by that 1 in a 100 who didn't..

On 14/03/2019 at 6:31 AM, Robert M said:

Mick - Your car appears to have an earlier build number at 136, but I see a Liquid Cooled S/C that I am guessing is a 2.8 (not a 3.2), when was this car upgraded to a Super Snake?

Robert

I replied to other poster Robert. Sorry..

2 hours ago, 1 Alibi 2 said:

" Most " Shelby owners are paperwork crazy, keep records on everything, yours must have been owned by that 1 in a 100 who didn't..

I have a mountain of paperwork that came with the car.. Will have to look at it all.. Just enjoying the car at the moment

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 7:28 AM, Shelby Mick said:

The reason why I asked is because the Liquid Cooled feature was not on the KB S/C's from that earlier time period. Kenne Bell developed and later offered the LC feature on the 3.6 and then later on the 2.8 and then 3.2, so that is why I was asking. I believe (but am not positive) that a non-LC 2.8 can be sent back to Kenne Bell for a LC upgrade, but I am not sure what that cost would be.

It seems to me that the Liquid Cooled was first offered by KB in 2011 or so? <<I could be wrong.

Those are Nice HP numbers!

R

Edited by Robert M

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 4:58 AM, 1 Alibi 2 said:

No KB expert but it looks LC to me, 2 lines to the left of the pulley in the pic..

Yes, those are the LC lines to the left of the pulley. My car was shipped back to me in late Jan. 2009 and it was the 725 w/KB 2.8, it is not LC'ed. I don't remember seeing the LC option until Jim Bell's Grabber Orange 2008 Super Snake was featured in one of the Mustang magazines and they were doing a 3.6LC install. I was thinking the 2.8LC option came later? I believe Jim Bell's GO 2008 3.6LC install was in a 2010/11 Mustang magazine....I think...

R