TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Build a 2017 Super Snake

On 1/22/2019 at 9:47 AM, Eddie0909 said:

Is it possible to build a 2017 Super Snake or do I have to use a dealer ?

Eddie,

Currently 2017 Super Snakes are a dealer only build so yes you would need to go through an authorized dealer. There is a possibility this may change as dealerships are no longer able to order 2017 Mustang GT's from Ford which could result in SAI building 2017 Super Snakes on used cars. Up to now 2017 Super Snakes are built on brand new dropped shipped cars from Ford.

Steve

1 hour ago, Tyler360 said:

What is a good place to sell a 2013 Shelby 1000/signature edition Super snake.  Any help would be appreciated.

If I recall correctly one or two of the SSSE's have gone through Barrett-Jackson and done fairly well but keep in mind that B-J is a no reserve auction so there is some risk involved.

Ebay will get you the most exposure for the lowest cost.

Steve

Steve,

I have found several possibilities for a 2017 Super Snake !!  (If a dealer still ha s a NEW 2107 in stock, you can make a good deal !!!)

How would I go about getting an authorized Shelby dealer to acquire one of the cars I have found ?  Or would that be more trouble than it's worth ?

Eddie

56 minutes ago, Eddie0909 said:

Steve,

I have found several possibilities for a 2017 Super Snake !!  (If a dealer still ha s a NEW 2107 in stock, you can make a good deal !!!)

How would I go about getting an authorized Shelby dealer to acquire one of the cars I have found ?  Or would that be more trouble than it's worth ?

Eddie

I suppose you could reach out to an authorized dealer to see if they would do a dealer trade for the base car. Are you set on a 2017 or would a 2018 SS work for you?

Steve

Call Chris Ruby at Shelby in Vegas.

We went through Gaudin Ford in Vegas, Steve was good to work with. Check their website, if they don't have a good candidate they should be able to dealer trade one you've located. We live in Washington which is a libtard green emissions state and buying from Vegas saved shipping the car to them. (If you buy a built SS here it needs to have the engine mods done after purchase.)

BTW, good choice, we really like the front end, and overall of the 17'. Get on it, maybe we could see it on a lift during the March Bash.

Owen

I worked with Parkway Ford in Winston Salem NC - Make sure you get with Ed Woods there.

Got to see mine being unloaded, only have 300 miles on it / plan on taking the horse to some shows.

Good luck - the guys at Shelby American are great to work with also - worked with Mike Lambert there.

RSR

• 9 months later...
On 1/29/2019 at 3:48 AM, Owenbdk said:

Call Chris Ruby at Shelby in Vegas.

We went through Gaudin Ford in Vegas, Steve was good to work with. Check their website, if they don't have a good candidate they should be able to dealer trade one you've located. We live in Washington which is a libtard green emissions state and buying from Vegas saved shipping the car to them. (If you buy a built SS here it needs to have the engine mods done after purchase.)

BTW, good choice, we really like the front end, and overall of the 17'. Get on it, maybe we could see it on a lift during the March Bash.

Owen

Update:

SAI opened '17 SS builds to customers 3/19. They will also build '15 and '16's with only the emblems being different on the base builds, and less than 50 of each of these years built!

We have been so impressed with our '17 SS, we decided to contact Chris Ruby at SAI to build a '17 convertible for a beach cruiser! We have an 08 mineral grey GT convertible that is a solid ride, Kristy wanted to update and customize some. When we penciled out the numbers there was not the value to the dollars spent. We don't consider our cars a retirement investment, but our late model classics are holding value so well we are totally excited to upgrade and roll another CSM Shelby into the stable after the Bash in March, we can hardly stand it!

Edited by Owenbdk