TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ISO 2007 Shelby GT rear shock NEED HELP!

CSSHELBYKID

Hey Team Shelby,

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement Ford Racing shock for the 2007 Shelby GT. I recently purchased the Shelby rear strut brace, and in the process of reinstalling the nut for the shock, I completely messed up the threads and the tip if the shock beyond repair. I tried re-threading it/ cleaning up the threads, but it still is having issues. So, therefore, I am choosing to replace it entirely for safe measure. I know that it was the Ford Racing FR3 suspension kit, and I can kind the whole kit, or a kit that has both the front and rear, but that is over $600, and besides, I only need the rear shock

Any help regarding this is greatly appreciated. THANKS!

CSSHELBYKID

16 hours ago, CSSHELBYKID said:

Hey Team Shelby,

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement Ford Racing shock for the 2007 Shelby GT. I recently purchased the Shelby rear strut brace, and in the process of reinstalling the nut for the shock, I completely messed up the threads and the tip if the shock beyond repair. I tried re-threading it/ cleaning up the threads, but it still is having issues. So, therefore, I am choosing to replace it entirely for safe measure. I know that it was the Ford Racing FR3 suspension kit, and I can kind the whole kit, or a kit that has both the front and rear, but that is over $600, and besides, I only need the rear shock

Any help regarding this is greatly appreciated. THANKS!

CSSHELBYKID

It is recommended that shocks be replaced in pairs so even though the threads are messed up on just one shock I would suggest replacing both shocks.

Now back to your original question, finding just the rear shocks is not that easy as you've found out. I don't believe FRPP ever sold the FR3 suspension parts separately so the two suggestions I have is first try calling FRPP to see if they will sell you just the rear shocks and if the answer is no my second suggestion is to find someone that needs the front struts and have them go in with you on the purchase.

Steve

So, after countless hours of searching, the only website I could find that hand the item in stock was Ford Racing Parts By Don Wood for $136 each. Replacing both rears. Since these are getting hard to find, I would definitely suggest ordering them sooner than later, if your car is getting close to needing them replaced. I tried contacting Ford Performance Parts, and numerous other suppliers with no luck. So availability is limited.

https://fordracingpartsbydonwood.com/

Much thanks to all for your suggestions!

CSSHELBYKID

Edited by CSSHELBYKID

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like CJ Pony Parts has the cheapest SGT replacement M-18000-A (free shipping as well). 

Also got the Ford Performance Handling Pack Fasteners Kit as I'm  not sure which bolts are TTY.

Not a cheap item to put in 'inventory' for a rainy day.  However, good to have when the originals fail.